Hostel Marina Real in Santo Domingo

SimonSays

Oct 29, 2011
Hi there folks...I have a vacation planned to Santo Domingo for a month in January2012. It will be my first time to the Dominican. In the past, when I have been on vacation that long, I rent a 1 bedroom apartment rather than stay at a hotel as it is an opportunity to be a little more immersed in the community. However, I have had a very difficult time finding accomidations like this near Zona Colonial for a reasonable price ($1200 or less/month). But thanks to some folks on another board I think I have found my best option.

Hostal Marina Real

They call it a Hostal, but it certainly doesnt seem like a typical hostel to me. If anybody has any information to offer on this location, I would really appreciate the insight. I definately dont want to waste anybodies time (mine or the owners) by booking a room for a month only to find out it is not what I was looking for.

Thankyou for any help...Simon

SimonSays

Oct 29, 2011
Thankyou for the feedback folks. I appreciate it being that I have never been to the Dominican before, and am trying to rent an apartment blindly.
Being that nobody seems to think to favourably of the apartment I posted, can anybody give me a lead where I can find a one Bdrm apartment for a month(January) in the $1200 range. (obviously Zona Colonial prefered).

Thanks again for any help you folks can offer.

Simon

Givadogahome

Silver
Sep 27, 2011
Thankyou for the feedback folks. I appreciate it being that I have never been to the Dominican before, and am trying to rent an apartment blindly.
Being that nobody seems to think to favourably of the apartment I posted, can anybody give me a lead where I can find a one Bdrm apartment for a month(January) in the $1200 range. (obviously Zona Colonial prefered).

Thanks again for any help you folks can offer.

Simon

There are plenty Aparthotels around with self catering for 20-25,000DR$.