Rockys Condos

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chuck Riley.

Oct 23, 2011
Guys,

I am busy planning my next vacation to sosua. I am thinking of hiring a room or Condo in Rockys.

Can anyone tell me is the air con good there? It sure has great reviews from that tripadvicer website.

Plus i figured it would be a great place to hang out and meet some new buds.

Chuck

Montago

Feb 15, 2011
If the air con is as important to you as you make out Id email the establishment Chuck.

belmont

Bronze
Oct 9, 2009
If memory serves me right, only 2 of the rooms at the restaurant have AC and it is extra. The condos all have AC with seperate units in the BR and living areas. The Tradewinds condos are convenient to both downtown and the beach.

Mar 2, 2008
Rick really should be answering this question, but perhaps he is reluctant to promote his business, as it is frowned upon by the board.

In any event, to the best of my knowledge, all the rooms at Rocky's have AC now, but there is an extra charge (something like $5 a night extra, I think). All the condos have AC, and the ones right across the street on Dr. Rosen are very conveniently located.

Belmont, you are correct that at one time there were only 2 rooms with AC, but Rick has been doing continuous upgrades since he bought the place, a little bit at a time.

Wow, I just realized Rick purchased Rocky's almost 3 years ago. Time flies.

bubba

Dec 15, 2003
My wife and I stayed at the condo across the street from the bar 1st floor last Feb.
Really big patio to sit on.
Air con was in the bedroom only and ran real cold if needed.
The only thing lacking was a table to sit at to eat or maybe some high bar stools so you could sit at the counter to eat.
The condo was cleaned daily by the staff.

Chuck Riley.

Oct 23, 2011
Thanks

hi guys,

Sorry for the delay, i had a bunch of problems with my cattle on my farm. so tending to these guys took over lately.

Well guys i am so grateful to all of your answers which really answered my question. rockys place seems a nice bet for my trip this february hopefully.

while i am here can i please take this opportunity to say what a nice bunch of people some of you are on this site. ive become a regular observer of the site (strictly North Coast lol ) and the regular guys who are so generous with sharing your help and guidance. You guys are great and long should you keep it up coz new people like me are ever so gratefull.

all the very best

Chuck R

belmont

Bronze
Oct 9, 2009
hi guys,

Sorry for the delay, i had a bunch of problems with my cattle on my farm. so tending to these guys took over lately.
Well guys i am so grateful to all of your answers which really answered my question. rockys place seems a nice bet for my trip this february hopefully.
You should realize that if you were to somehow smuggle a side of beef in your luggage, you could finance your complete stay.

Rick really should be answering this question, but perhaps he is reluctant to promote his business, as it is frowned upon by the board.

In any event, to the best of my knowledge, all the rooms at Rocky's have AC now, but there is an extra charge (something like $5 a night extra, I think). All the condos have AC, and the ones right across the street on Dr. Rosen are very conveniently located.

Belmont, you are correct that at one time there were only 2 rooms with AC, but Rick has been doing continuous upgrades since he bought the place, a little bit at a time.

Wow, I just realized Rick purchased Rocky's almost 3 years ago. Time flies.

Rick needs to be a paid advertiser to plug his own operation
3rd party non-connected responses are fine.

Seamonkey

Bronze
Oct 6, 2009
So Ricks post and my posts are deleted???? Rick answered a customers question, he didn't plug his operation. Replying only shows customers service. And mine was deleted because I supported him answering a question?? What a freaken joke this board is.

Dafishguy

Bronze
Oct 30, 2007
Rick needs to be a paid advertiser to plug his own operation
3rd party non-connected responses are fine.

Then tell Robert to TAKE MY MONEY. I have tried now for over a year to get him to allow me to PAY for advertising and he just ignors me. Wud, I ask you, what's up with that?!?!? I'll send YOU the money IF that would get this crap handled once and for all. You asked for this response Wud. Yes, I am VERY frustrated!

It is not like I haven't TRIED folks!

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Yes, I have a couple of PM's from Rick on my PM box.
Haven't respond yet, been busy and in the middle of the Indian Ocean with almost zero internet, hence my lack of posting the past few weeks.

That said, as it's now on the board, so I will address the advertising confusion before I close it out.

This is the last email generated from our DR1 online email system.
This after multiple PM's and emails back and forth.

======

Posted on: 03 Jan 2011 12:20 PM

Hi Rick,

I have a attached a Directory Contract. Fill it out and email it back to me.

You would have received it a little sooner, but looks like the last email bounced, "s" missed off the end of "reservation@"

Any questions, let me know.

Robert ********.
----------------------
Dominican Republic News & Travel Information Service
----------------------

======

If you have a rental, it's very easy to list in our rentals section.
It's 100% automated and many people add their listings without an issue.

DR1 Rentals: Register

Status
Not open for further replies.