first time in santiago......advise please!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

floydmayweather

Nov 2, 2011
hey!

In two weeks i will be travelling to santiago for the first time with 3 buddies....
we have been to other parts of the island (sosua...caberete...puerto plata...punta cana etc)
decided to see somewhere different...plus ive heard good things about santiago....one being females lolol
ive been reading various threads on here and people have helped out great...so i decided to post my own...

where are good places to frequent in this city? any places to stay away from?
what do to in the day? nightlife?
should we get out to the surrounding areas and cities??

we will there from a tuesday to a tuesday....and we ve rented an suv to get around...as well as a 4 bedroom apartment...

we are range between 25-33 yrs of age and looking for more of a mature ...single crowd when it comes to partying....

trying to map out the week a little....so your advice is much appreciated! thanks a mil

May 12, 2005
Does anyone in your group speak spanish? Santiago is not a city geared toward average tourists. Please no shorts and sandals in public. Collared shirts, nice jeans, shoes at night. For night life try places like Fancifol, Ahi-Bar and H2O.During the day, you can check out the Monumento and the Centro Leon ( a nice museum for Dominican Culture) or walk around Calle Del Sol and the downtown. Good luck.

floydmayweather

Nov 2, 2011
thanks for the replies so far....!

so ya...im not looking for a sosua...place was nice and way to easy....felt almost guilty lol...

we are good looking guys..just wanna be around some good looking DR women that can actually buy a drink fro themselves....

glad to hear abiut the dress code out there...cuz i hate shorts and sandels lolol

so most clubs are for the dressd up look?? :)

VJS

Bronze
Sep 19, 2010
thanks for the replies so far....!

so ya...im not looking for a sosua...place was nice and way to easy....felt almost guilty lol...

we are good looking guys..just wanna be around some good looking DR women that can actually buy a drink fro themselves....

glad to hear abiut the dress code out there...cuz i hate shorts and sandels lolol

so most clubs are for the dressd up look?? :)

if you arrive on Tuesday, the night life will be pretty quiet until Friday. Hit Camus on Wednesday (27 de febrero) for ladies night. Other good places include Soho (Jazz night on Monday), Level - both at Plaza Tiera Bella, Sajara on 27 de febrero, dubai, Over and the new place directly across (Mia?). H2O for early on the night, Vintage Club in hotel Matum for 1 to 6am when everything else closes up. A few small dominican dives on calle Tolentino around Ahi-Bar if you feel like it. Also Tribeca can be nice when they have some events.

floydmayweather

Nov 2, 2011
awesome! sounds like a decent city.... should b able to keep busy....
so im hoping these places are easy to find???
and what about this la vega a think its called? worth checking???
beaches? or do we have to drive up to caberete etc?
thanks again!

VJS

Bronze
Sep 19, 2010
awesome! sounds like a decent city.... should b able to keep busy....
so im hoping these places are easy to find???
and what about this la vega a think its called? worth checking???
beaches? or do we have to drive up to caberete etc?
thanks again!

La Vega is not worth checking, especially without Spanish. I'd drive down to Santo Domingo instead of Cabarete - the same 1.5 hours one way.

Aug 19, 2004
we will there from a tuesday to a tuesday
That sounds like a long time in Santiago if you are on holiday! You could also consider taking in a trip to Santo Domingo - about 2 hours away.

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
You won't have girls throwing themselves at you like on the Coast. Be prepared for that. there are a couple of hooker bars in town that will remind you of Sosua.

Generally speaking, the higher class bars in Santiago will have women who will avoid you because of your tourist status. It can be a disadvantage. And many come from families who can buy and sell you.

floydmayweather

Nov 2, 2011
lol is a week too long???? man i hope we dont bored out there....
just wanted to switch outta the whole tourist realm in the dr...
pasions is a club???

floydmayweather

Nov 2, 2011
thanks cobra.....interesting....
should b an experience....
but ya not looking for the whole hooker thing....so if we get punked by a few beauties ...whatevr..its all good lol
i dont have a problem here (toronto) with females so im hoping the same applies down there :)
i wrote down some of the bars mentioned in the thread...but which ones are the more expensive spots???

belmont

Bronze
Oct 9, 2009
I think you would enjoy hanging at the parks and cafe's in the University areas in the afternoon. You will be surprised how many will engage you in conversation in order to practice the English they have spent years learning. I have made many aquaintances by reading the NY Times in the park. If you are respectful, you should be able to wangle a dinner-date or at least a cup of coffee with a beautiful college student.

Taino808

Bronze
Oct 10, 2010
Pasion is nothing more than a poll dancing, over aged jugs, passed their prime knockers, expat chancing hooters, titties in your face, low-down straight up hooker bar. You will fit right in with that crowd. Have fun!!!!!:D:D

May 12, 2005
I think the OP got the info he was looking for. A search of the forums can reveal even more. Closed before this becomes another conversation about cueros.

Status
Not open for further replies.