Jardines De Coson - Open Letter from Albert Defazio

Feb 15, 2005
The following is an open letter from owner of Jardines De Coson, Albert Defazio. We have been in contact and Mr. Defazio wanted to address any concerns and questions regarding project Jardines De Coson:

Dear Friends and Partners,

Our extraordinary tourism development, Los Jardins de Coson in Las Terrenas, is poised to move forward.

We know you are as ready as we are to make this dream a reality. In the days and weeks and years since October 2008 when we received our license to build, our development team has traveled incessantly and tirelessly, in the United States and in Europe, meeting with more than 40 State and/or private funding sources. These meetings, combined with an upturn in the world economic view, appear to be ready to bear fruit. We are on the verge of achieving the necessary means to develop and advance this resort and villa project which is set in the ?concentration of all handsomeness of the Dominican Republic??according to the French newspaper Figaro.

A brief history of Los Jardines de Coson: after receiving the necessary approvals to begin, the global stock market crisis descended upon not just the Dominican Republic but the entire world. This crisis caused an unprecedented global economic downturn and a lack of consumer confidence which impacted the much needed resources for the normal operation of the economy and directly affected the normal development of building projects in general and tourism projects in particular. In the single municipality of Las Terrenas, 35 projects were stopped or did not begin on time. However, we have not lost faith, nor energy, nor the commitment to continue. As noted above, we believe that our dedication to developing Los Jardines de Coson into the finest tourism and residential project in Samana is about to springboard into success.

We appreciate your patience and your understanding of the commitment of the entire Los Jardins de Coson development team. We look forward to seeing you in Samana soon.

Warm Regards
Albert Defazio

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Did this guy take out an ad on DR1? I thought this was mandatory for an owner.

Feb 15, 2005
Jardines de Coson, Las Terrenas - Page 2

Actually this was in response to the above thread. I personally know Mr. Defazio and felt that he should respond to any concerns about him and his project on an open forum, so I contacted him. In no way was there an intent to advertise or solicit, the intent was to ensure and quell any concerns and protect the integrity of himself, the project and those who have shown interest.

The guidelines in DR1 are explicit and were respected to the letter.

Last edited:
Feb 15, 2005
I want to thank the moderators for their objectivity in allowing a response addressing serious concerns. In light of Dominican Republic's reputation among some, as a country full of swindlers at every turn, it is refreshing for an owner to address it responsibly and give full confidence to those who may be concerned,

Again thank you DR1 moderators.

Jumbo

Bronze
Jul 8, 2005
Some of these people signed contracts over 5 years ago and god knows how much money they put up front. The cost of building materials for the most part has doubled since then. No way is this guy gonna deliver. I would love to see Mr. Defazio respond on DR1. Another expat giving the Dominican Republic a bad name.

Feb 15, 2005
"Jumbo" I understand your outlook as I would be concerned as well, if I plucked down a small fortune for a project yet to materialize. But I can assure you that Mr. Defazio will be contacting each person individually to discuss timelines and other options including ROI. As I am not allowed to discuss compensation or financial matters of any kind, rest assured that the project WILL exceed expectation. Also please understand that Mr. Defazio was under no obligation to respond, but did so with authority and with concern for his clients..

belmont

Bronze
Oct 9, 2009
BTW, he forgot to mention the reopening of sales and he would be happy to accept additional deposits.:pirate:

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
"Jumbo" I understand your outlook as I would be concerned as well, if I plucked down a small fortune for a project yet to materialize. But I can assure you that Mr. Defazio will be contacting each person individually to discuss timelines and other options including ROI. As I am not allowed to discuss compensation or financial matters of any kind, rest assured that the project WILL exceed expectation. Also please understand that Mr. Defazio was under no obligation to respond, but did so with authority and with concern for his clients..

So then you can toot his horn nice and loud, but you are "not allowed to discuss compensation or financial matters of any kind".

Why don't you get a real job and stop being a Shill.

Feb 15, 2005
So then you can toot his horn nice and loud, but you are "not allowed to discuss compensation or financial matters of any kind".

Why don't you get a real job and stop being a Shill.

The fact of the matter is that this is a communication specifically to those that are concern due to a current financial commitment. Certainly you can PM me if you have a particular concern or inquiry and I can address those personally.

Jumbo

Bronze
Jul 8, 2005
The fact of the matter is that this is a communication specifically to those that are concern due to a current financial commitment. Certainly you can PM me if you have a particular concern or inquiry and I can address those personally.

Richard, why 2 years later after the investor thread died out this promotional letter shows up on DR1. I have a friend still waiting for his pre-construction townhouse ( different developer ) for close to 4 years and he gets the same BS letters. " The final stage blah-blah-blah complete in 2 months. There are stalled projects all over the DR cause someone ran off with the money. Seems there is a collect for the next project to pay for the current one mentality involves here. Can you say PONZI.

If the Jardines de Cosom project is complete by New Years day 2013 i will stop drinking and attend church daily. Best advise i got from one of the 1st people i met in the DR ( expat in Paradise website owner Bill ) was never go into or do business with an expat. And when it comes to real estate, buy existing or build it yourself. People who buy into a project ( dream ) after a presentation and a few donuts are nuts. I tried to talk my friend out of investing in the DR but since his investment friends were doing it he did to. Site unseen. The stress these con artist cause their so called investors is sickening.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
A good rule of thumb for buying in the DR is "Do not buy anything that you cannot pay for in the morning and move into in the afternoon".

belmont

Bronze
Oct 9, 2009
Certainly an email or letter is more appropriate to interact with people you currently have a financial commitment than a public forum. Looks like you may be setting up the next level of investors in the current Ponzi.

Feb 15, 2005
Belmont, if the entire post was read you would see that the letter was in response to an already open thread and discussion therein. It was not an arbitrary letter.

belmont

Bronze
Oct 9, 2009
Belmont, if the entire post was read you would see that the letter was in response to an already open thread and discussion therein. It was not an arbitrary letter.
It would have been logical to just add it to that thread . But then again people would read that deposit monies have been tied up for at least 4 years on this project. Also they would hve read how many similar promises have been made in the past.

Acira

Silver
Sep 20, 2009
www.blazingfuries.com
I am with Belmont here. It would be better if the old thread should be dug up and any new replies on this thread would come together. This gives people who are interested in this subject a more complete picture.

Feb 15, 2005
It would have been logical to just add it to that thread . But then again people would read that deposit monies have been tied up for at least 4 years on this project. Also they would hve read how many similar promises have been made in the past.

You are absolutely correct. I have asked the moderators to relocate the thread into the original. In this fashion, those that have direct concern have an opportunity to respond and others have a reference point.