exotic car rental

floydmayweather

Nov 2, 2011
hey!

thanks again for the help and advise with my last thread....,
just wondering if anyone has used the exotic rent a car place in santiago? are they good?
im guessing the only ones in the city?
planning on using them for the week im down there this month ....

cheers!

Jumbo

Bronze
Jul 8, 2005
That is not a bad rate for a HUMMER!

Since when have you concidered RD5700 for a HUMMER not a bad rate. All the Sosua people will start complaining that you are driving the rates up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
Since when have you concidered RD5700 for a HUMMER not a bad rate. All the Sosua people will start complaining that you are driving the rates up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It is actually not a bad deal, she will never ask for money for pampas or the salon, and always goes up or down when you push the pedal!

terrible tambo'

belmont

Bronze
Oct 9, 2009
It is actually not a bad deal, she will never ask for money for pampas or the salon, and always goes up or down when you push the pedal!

terrible tambo'
And the rubbers are included in the price. Even comes with a spare.

kimbjorkland

Apr 6, 2011
I just saw an ad today in my zona from budget. They now rent BMW 318. Okay so not 'exotic' but a nice car.

floydmayweather

Nov 2, 2011
hey thanks for the responses! but yes not looking to start a business....
just wanted a nice ride for some of the time we are thre.... lol
im going thru that exotic rent a car place....just wanted to know if anyone has used them thus far....
i arranged to get picked up for puerto plata...driven to santiago...
then have the suv (range rover sport) for the duration of the weekend and get driven back to the airport when we leave....
he quoted 700 american?? good???

Givadogahome

Silver
Sep 27, 2011
$700 for the weekend is harsh! No 2 ways on that, very harsh. What insurance they giving on that?
No doubt they will be cool, but harsh pricing, with pick up and take back?

floydmayweather

Nov 2, 2011
really? here i thought that wasnt bad...
i didnt ask what kind of insurance....there are different kinds???
ya that was pick up and drop back (for pop to santiago...vice versa)
and then friday...saturday and sunday....
?????

Givadogahome

Silver
Sep 27, 2011
3 days with full cap insurance is not huge but you can do better if they are not offering good insurance, which I presume they are not as they did not offer. I do Range rover Sport at$110 per day from the capital, with basic insurance and that is BS for the driver so I always take out full cover which is the cost of the car rental. For real. They will price this then when you want this they will hit you with $5000 exc.
Be sure these cats are delivering what you want, don't drive here without the get out of jail card, or you may end up in jail, easily. It is cheap for this company, you another is expensive, that's how I know maybe you are not in the right insurance zone.

floydmayweather

Nov 2, 2011
okay wow....well when he picks us up...ill go thru all that insurnace stuff....good to know...
thanks man! didnt know it was soo complicated....so its called "full insurance"? lol...
covers liabilities..etc?

Givadogahome

Silver
Sep 27, 2011
No Bro, you need so much more than that. you can and will be held if you have a bump and hurt another person (cut or break, Native is the same) for up to 3 days(then transfered to prison if not sorted $$$$$$$$$$$$) in the compound jail if you have a bump. Seriously. And so unless you have this insurance you is a crazy fool for renting a car.

If you wanna be let go on the spot, or you wanna be let to live in an aparthotel while your case is dealt with then get it.
I can't even think of the coverage, someone else will oblige.

Even carrying cash is not the answer, NOT ALL POLICE ARE CROOKED.

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
Maybe "Exotic" rents bling, too, for the full DomYork Returns effect...