Snow machine

Gordon

Jan 24, 2011
it has been snowing in calgary recently. brrrrrrrh. always found it strange in that city they used power snow brooms for clearing sidewalks instead of snow blowers. do I care now? brrrrrrrrh minus 3 C today

Givadogahome

Silver
Sep 27, 2011
Fabricated snow for xmas morning.
Up in Jarabacoa it is very cold from around 4am till 6 or 7am, that combined with the chemicals they mix these days we could have snow until around 9.30, 10.30 am.

jrjrth

Bronze
Mar 24, 2011
~Google Snowathome.com

You should be able to get an answer as to if you can produce snow at any location in the world on input.....I would love to see the dominican childrens expressions if you can make it snow on Pica Duarte:D

belgiank

Silver
Jun 13, 2009
Fabricated snow for xmas morning.
Up in Jarabacoa it is very cold from around 4am till 6 or 7am, that combined with the chemicals they mix these days we could have snow until around 9.30, 10.30 am.

Give me a break...

Mind you, I like the idea a lot and the kids there would go crazy... but very cold???

I used to live there and very cold there meant around 18 C. It felt incredibly cold after a year, and I have to admit I even fired up the fireplace... lol

Anyways, I love the idea you have and hope it works out for you, and especially for the kids over there. It will be magical for them. If you manage the machine, pls give me a pm and I will put you into contact with a couple there who would love to help you (both teachers at one of the schools there)

Wish you all the luck with this...

gandolf50

Apr 17, 2011
Snow

If you are talking snow as in a ski resort the chemicles do not help if it is not below 34f. While its a nice idea I don't think you will get the right temperature to pull it off.

belmont

Bronze
Oct 9, 2009
If you are talking snow as in a ski resort the chemicles do not help if it is not below 34f. While its a nice idea I don't think you will get the right temperature to pull it off.

In addition, I doubt the surface temperatures get beow freezing. See any ice on the streets? It will mel as fast as you make it.

SantiagueroRD

Bronze
Apr 20, 2011
Good Afternoon Mr. Kaufman, can you ask the snow machine person if they will rent it during the Xmas season for a party at one of the Orphanges here? And how much it would be? Thank you.