Ordering meds online

DipreSantana

Nov 29, 2009
Let's say I order some meds online, will they arrive, is that illegal here? I cannot find what I want in any pharmacy.

La Profe_1

Moderator: Daily Headline News, Travel & Tourism
Oct 15, 2003
I get my prescribed medications, ones I have ordered from a pharmacy in the US that has my prescriptions on file, in the mail (Business Mail). However, they are clearly identified, with my name, the name of the medication and of the prescribing doctor. Have not had any Customs problems with them arriving like that.

puryear270

Bronze
Aug 26, 2009
I get my prescribed medications, ones I have ordered from a pharmacy in the US that has my prescriptions on file, in the mail (Business Mail). However, they are clearly identified, with my name, the name of the medication and of the prescribing doctor. Have not had any Customs problems with them arriving like that.

Same here, except I use CPS. No problems whatsoever.

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
I've been getting medications from US for years sent via EPS.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Agreed that it is no problem receiving medications via EPS ( or other mail services). I even ordered once and had them shipped directly to the DR. They actually showed up!. Three months later.

One thing to keep in mind- If you ship them via the US to the DR, you will probably need a prescription written by a US doctor. The company I order from requires me to provide one. Believe it or not, there used to be a way to get a US prescription by requesting one on line, but the US FDA shut that down years ago.

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
Aha, I have long suspected many of you were on medication. On a serious note I tried to get a Canadian pharmacy to fill a DR prescription when I was in the US - no dice. DR doctors are not on the list. The Canadian pharmacy told me only US doctors. Sam's Club in Texas did say that they would honor a prescription writtne by a Mexican doctor but DR doctor, no!
I have found that a good DR pharmacy can get most meds with a few exceptions if you ask the owner. The online pharmacies can be hit or miss. One online pharmacy took my money via PayPal and never sent the order. I complained to PayPal and got a full refund. Dont ever pay via Western Union.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
we get natural medicine sent in by tons, almost. never a problem. i am pretty sure the aduana guys have no clue about medicine and they will not look any further than "o, a bottle with bills, checked, ya!".

jinty05

Bronze
Feb 11, 2005
I have my prescription medicines shipped from the UK every 2 months. I have been doing this for the past 2 years. They are shipped via DHL.