Domestic Charter flights

t410g

Nov 9, 2011
Are there domestic charter flights that offer reasonably priced airfare from SDQ to the Samana peninsula, esp Portillo air strip? I need a flight that is safe according to the Federal Aviation regulations as well. If anyone has used a safe and reasonably priced service please let me know. I want to get to the Samana peninsula a quickly as possible. Thank you.

RV429

Bronze
Apr 3, 2011
Chartering a plane won't be inexpensive. There is a scheduled airline working out of La Isabela airport, not SDQ. It goes once or twice daily to El Portillo.

t410g

Nov 9, 2011
How to get to Las Terrenas from POP

Thanks for all of the help. You were right charter flights from POP to Las Terrenas isn't cheap. Dominican Shuttles would require me to reserve a whole plane instead of just booking two seats on one of there flights. Does anyone know of any other service or bus that that provides cheaper transportation from POP to Las Terrenas.

arrugala

Bronze
Nov 7, 2010
Pop to samana every day

THERE is a bus that leaves early 630approx every day and goes to samana which passes LT ON ITS WAY sO this would be your most economic way once (at the turn off for las T. ask or someone who lives there on this site could instruct you how to get a ride from the main road the rest of the way

RV429

Bronze
Apr 3, 2011
Bus info:
Transportes Papagayo 809-749-6415 leaves Puerto Plata Hospital around 6:45am once a day for Samana. They stop in front of Janet's but will stop anywhere in Cabarete/Sosua if you call them. I was told they go through Cabarete at about 7:15am. To be safe, I would be in the sub stop at 7am. They stated it is a blue bus (not purple) but I wouldn't trust that what we may consider purple is shade of blue for Dominicans. Call them with a Spanish speaker for more info.

Africaida

Gold
Jun 19, 2009
If not you can always order a licensed Taxi (A/C van) from LT which will be waiting for you at the airport.

That's what I have been doing, since I am a woman traveling alone with 2 Toddlers.

It will run about 180-200 USD for the van.

PM me if you need the number, been using the same company, from/to both SDQ and POP to get to/from LT. Not the cheapest option, but I like to make my life easy :)

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010
Hi;

If there is any way possible rent a car and drive to Las Terrenas. I came back from the Capital today and it was 1hr 45 min. drive. You are on highways all the way. It is easy driving.

S

S