Thanksgiving

afroski

May 12, 2007
www.georgiaflash.com
Could someone recommend a good place for Thanksgiving dinner. I may be in Punta Cana for that week and will be looking for a good place to hangout that day. I've been on the north coast and done Rocky's Thanksgiving dinner a couple of times and was wondering if there was anything like that going on in PC. Might be a place where all the ex-pats get together or something.

Also, overall is Thanksgiving a good time to vacation in PC? Taking into account the weather, number of people and such. I like a lively vacation when possible.

One last question, I'll be flying into SDQ and I had read that there was a new highway being built going to PC, is this complete and if it is where would I pick it up coming from SDQ airport?

Thanks in advance.

RV429

Bronze
Apr 3, 2011
Punta Cana is not by any definition "lively". PC is not at all like the north coast in that regard. It is a collage of AI resorts and little else. As the temperature is falling in the north, yes Thanksgiving is a great time to be in the tropical climate of the DR.
There was a recent thread on the new highway complete with photos, try the search function top right.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
From SDQ to Punta Cana the new hwy is not going to be completed until next summer some time. You need to go through Higuey. About 3 hours from the airport to Punta Cana, depending on how fast you drive.

afroski

May 12, 2007
www.georgiaflash.com
Thanks for the info, I've been to PC before and had a great time. I was just wondering if it would be less lively than normal.

I've driven SDQ to PC several times in the past but I was hoping the highway would be complete and chop a few minutes off of that drive.

I like coming to Punta Cana because its cleaner, nicer and safer than the north coast although I know its not as lively as Sosua/Cabarete. But I usually have a good time in PC I've just never been during the Thanksgiving break.

jrjrth

Bronze
Mar 24, 2011
Thanks for the info, I've been to PC before and had a great time. I was just wondering if it would be less lively than normal.

I've driven SDQ to PC several times in the past but I was hoping the highway would be complete and chop a few minutes off of that drive.

I like coming to Punta Cana because its cleaner, nicer and safer than the north coast although I know its not as lively as Sosua/Cabarete. But I usually have a good time in PC I've just never been during the Thanksgiving break.

~We have spent the past three years in Punta Cana during Thanksgiving week,however in a resort. The resorts are not that crowded as compared to January and February, however not as slow as August....they have lively activity, however we were hard pressed to find a Turkey dinner.

Where are you staying? AI or Condo?

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Some restaurants will offer Thanksgiving menus, for example Bamboo Restaurant in Tortuga Bay has one this year. I'll look out for others and post the info here.

afroski

May 12, 2007
www.georgiaflash.com
I'll most likely be staying in a condo, I rarely do AIs. I haven't made definite plans yet other than flying into SDQ. Since its a 3 hour drive whether I go to the north coast or the east coast I'm just trying to decide which one I would enjoy most this year. But I'm leaning towards Punta Cana.

jrjrth

Bronze
Mar 24, 2011
I'll most likely be staying in a condo, I rarely do AIs. I haven't made definite plans yet other than flying into SDQ. Since its a 3 hour drive whether I go to the north coast or the east coast I'm just trying to decide which one I would enjoy most this year. But I'm leaning towards Punta Cana.

~check your PM....I sent you a message!!!

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
More accessible than Tortuga Bay - in terms of both price and location is Noah, in Paseo de San Juan next to the San Juan Shopping Centre near Cruce Coco Loco, B?varo:
Thanksgiving Dinner 2011 @ Noah.. ven y disfruta de nuestro menu especial este jueves 24 de noviembre. Llamanos y haz tu reserva 809-455-1060

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
More accessible than Tortuga Bay - in terms of both price and location is Noah, in Paseo de San Juan next to the San Juan Shopping Centre near Cruce Coco Loco, B?varo:
Thanksgiving Dinner 2011 @ Noah.. ven y disfruta de nuestro menu especial este jueves 24 de noviembre. Llamanos y haz tu reserva 809-455-1060

I like this place a lot. Was there just yesterday for lunch. They have a large menu, I have been there several times and have yet to be disappointed.

afroski

May 12, 2007
www.georgiaflash.com
Thanks for the restaurant recommendations, now I just hope the weather cooperates for Thanksgiving week its being forecasted to rain almost everyday but I know how those weather sites can be they always forecast rain for the DR.