Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12

Thread: Thanksgiving

  1. #1
    Regular
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    73
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Thanksgiving

    Could someone recommend a good place for Thanksgiving dinner. I may be in Punta Cana for that week and will be looking for a good place to hangout that day. I've been on the north coast and done Rocky's Thanksgiving dinner a couple of times and was wondering if there was anything like that going on in PC. Might be a place where all the ex-pats get together or something.

    Also, overall is Thanksgiving a good time to vacation in PC? Taking into account the weather, number of people and such. I like a lively vacation when possible.

    One last question, I'll be flying into SDQ and I had read that there was a new highway being built going to PC, is this complete and if it is where would I pick it up coming from SDQ airport?

    Thanks in advance.

  2. #2
    Bronze
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    1,514
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Punta Cana is not by any definition "lively". PC is not at all like the north coast in that regard. It is a collage of AI resorts and little else. As the temperature is falling in the north, yes Thanksgiving is a great time to be in the tropical climate of the DR.
    There was a recent thread on the new highway complete with photos, try the search function top right.

  3. #3
    Gold
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    8,218
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    From SDQ to Punta Cana the new hwy is not going to be completed until next summer some time. You need to go through Higuey. About 3 hours from the airport to Punta Cana, depending on how fast you drive.

  4. #4
    Regular
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    73
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Thanks for the info, I've been to PC before and had a great time. I was just wondering if it would be less lively than normal.

    I've driven SDQ to PC several times in the past but I was hoping the highway would be complete and chop a few minutes off of that drive.

    I like coming to Punta Cana because its cleaner, nicer and safer than the north coast although I know its not as lively as Sosua/Cabarete. But I usually have a good time in PC I've just never been during the Thanksgiving break.

  5. #5
    Bronze
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    763
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by afroski View Post
    Thanks for the info, I've been to PC before and had a great time. I was just wondering if it would be less lively than normal.

    I've driven SDQ to PC several times in the past but I was hoping the highway would be complete and chop a few minutes off of that drive.

    I like coming to Punta Cana because its cleaner, nicer and safer than the north coast although I know its not as lively as Sosua/Cabarete. But I usually have a good time in PC I've just never been during the Thanksgiving break.
    ~We have spent the past three years in Punta Cana during Thanksgiving week,however in a resort. The resorts are not that crowded as compared to January and February, however not as slow as August....they have lively activity, however we were hard pressed to find a Turkey dinner.

    Where are you staying? AI or Condo?

  6. #6
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Posts
    17,014
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Some restaurants will offer Thanksgiving menus, for example Bamboo Restaurant in Tortuga Bay has one this year. I'll look out for others and post the info here.

  7. #7
    Regular
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    73
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I'll most likely be staying in a condo, I rarely do AIs. I haven't made definite plans yet other than flying into SDQ. Since its a 3 hour drive whether I go to the north coast or the east coast I'm just trying to decide which one I would enjoy most this year. But I'm leaning towards Punta Cana.

  8. #8
    Bronze
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    763
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by afroski View Post
    I'll most likely be staying in a condo, I rarely do AIs. I haven't made definite plans yet other than flying into SDQ. Since its a 3 hour drive whether I go to the north coast or the east coast I'm just trying to decide which one I would enjoy most this year. But I'm leaning towards Punta Cana.
    ~check your PM....I sent you a message!!!

  9. #9
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Posts
    17,014
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    More accessible than Tortuga Bay - in terms of both price and location is Noah, in Paseo de San Juan next to the San Juan Shopping Centre near Cruce Coco Loco, Bávaro:
    Thanksgiving Dinner 2011 @ Noah.. ven y disfruta de nuestro menu especial este jueves 24 de noviembre. Llamanos y haz tu reserva 809-455-1060

  10. #10
    Gold
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    8,218
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chirimoya View Post
    More accessible than Tortuga Bay - in terms of both price and location is Noah, in Paseo de San Juan next to the San Juan Shopping Centre near Cruce Coco Loco, Bávaro:
    Thanksgiving Dinner 2011 @ Noah.. ven y disfruta de nuestro menu especial este jueves 24 de noviembre. Llamanos y haz tu reserva 809-455-1060
    I like this place a lot. Was there just yesterday for lunch. They have a large menu, I have been there several times and have yet to be disappointed.

  11. Likes Chirimoya liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •