Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thanksgiving

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Thanksgiving

Could someone recommend a good place for Thanksgiving dinner. I may be in Punta Cana for that week and will be looking for a good place to hangout that day. I've been on the north coast and done Rocky's Thanksgiving dinner a couple of times and was wondering if there was anything like that going on in PC. Might be a place where all the ex-pats get together or something.

Also, overall is Thanksgiving a good time to vacation in PC? Taking into account the weather, number of people and such. I like a lively vacation when possible.

One last question, I'll be flying into SDQ and I had read that there was a new highway being built going to PC, is this complete and if it is where would I pick it up coming from SDQ airport?

Thanks in advance.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Punta Cana is not by any definition "lively". PC is not at all like the north coast in that regard. It is a collage of AI resorts and little else. As the temperature is falling in the north, yes Thanksgiving is a great time to be in the tropical climate of the DR.
    There was a recent thread on the new highway complete with photos, try the search function top right.

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

From SDQ to Punta Cana the new hwy is not going to be completed until next summer some time. You need to go through Higuey. About 3 hours from the airport to Punta Cana, depending on how fast you drive.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the info, I've been to PC before and had a great time. I was just wondering if it would be less lively than normal.

I've driven SDQ to PC several times in the past but I was hoping the highway would be complete and chop a few minutes off of that drive.

I like coming to Punta Cana because its cleaner, nicer and safer than the north coast although I know its not as lively as Sosua/Cabarete. But I usually have a good time in PC I've just never been during the Thanksgiving break.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by afroski View Post
    Thanks for the info, I've been to PC before and had a great time. I was just wondering if it would be less lively than normal.

I've driven SDQ to PC several times in the past but I was hoping the highway would be complete and chop a few minutes off of that drive.

I like coming to Punta Cana because its cleaner, nicer and safer than the north coast although I know its not as lively as Sosua/Cabarete. But I usually have a good time in PC I've just never been during the Thanksgiving break.
    ~We have spent the past three years in Punta Cana during Thanksgiving week,however in a resort. The resorts are not that crowded as compared to January and February, however not as slow as August....they have lively activity, however we were hard pressed to find a Turkey dinner.

Where are you staying? AI or Condo?

Post Thanks / Like

Some restaurants will offer Thanksgiving menus, for example Bamboo Restaurant in Tortuga Bay has one this year. I'll look out for others and post the info here.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

I'll most likely be staying in a condo, I rarely do AIs. I haven't made definite plans yet other than flying into SDQ. Since its a 3 hour drive whether I go to the north coast or the east coast I'm just trying to decide which one I would enjoy most this year. But I'm leaning towards Punta Cana.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by afroski View Post
    I'll most likely be staying in a condo, I rarely do AIs. I haven't made definite plans yet other than flying into SDQ. Since its a 3 hour drive whether I go to the north coast or the east coast I'm just trying to decide which one I would enjoy most this year. But I'm leaning towards Punta Cana.
    ~check your PM....I sent you a message!!!

Post Thanks / Like

More accessible than Tortuga Bay - in terms of both price and location is Noah, in Paseo de San Juan next to the San Juan Shopping Centre near Cruce Coco Loco, Bávaro:
    Thanksgiving Dinner 2011 @ Noah.. ven y disfruta de nuestro menu especial este jueves 24 de noviembre. Llamanos y haz tu reserva 809-455-1060

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Chirimoya View Post
    More accessible than Tortuga Bay - in terms of both price and location is Noah, in Paseo de San Juan next to the San Juan Shopping Centre near Cruce Coco Loco, Bávaro:
    Thanksgiving Dinner 2011 @ Noah.. ven y disfruta de nuestro menu especial este jueves 24 de noviembre. Llamanos y haz tu reserva 809-455-1060
    I like this place a lot. Was there just yesterday for lunch. They have a large menu, I have been there several times and have yet to be disappointed.

11. Likes Chirimoya liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast