International House Nanny - WANTED

R.Domingo

Nov 10, 2011
I am looking for a house nanny who is willing to work internationally.

Food, Housing, and Travel is included.

Must be a female between ages of 18 and 30.

Must be reasonably attractive since you will assist with social events (i.e. parties, business lunches, etc...)

Some English is required.

Salary will be 6000 pesos a month.

A great way to see a new country and save money!

ExtremeR

Silver
Mar 22, 2006
International Nanny and you are only willing to pay 6,000 pesos a month, are you kidding me?

Eddy

Silver
Jan 1, 2002

Must be reasonably attractive since you will assist with social events (i.e. parties, business lunches, etc...)

I'm sure you meant 6000.00 a week. And even that's crappy.

Aug 21, 2007
Au pairs earn around US $700 a month. They are provided food, a room of their own, and set hours of employment each day. They are required to complete educational hours and they must come into the program with child care experience. Families hiring an au pair must pay a "down payment" and application fee to the agency. I don't remember exactly, but it seems to me that the amount was about $4,000 - $5,000 USD.

To the OP, this is basically what an "international nanny" would earn. Why don't you go to the au pair website to get more information that would help you determine your own employment parameters?

Lindsey

johnny

Bronze
Feb 8, 2003
hausenland.com

young female? and atractive? ummmm, are you looking for a sex slave?

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
The OP clearly states Food, housing and travel included - means they pay for that plus the 6000. Yes it's not much, but depending on the travel...etc it may be not too bad. Not enough details to comment on.

belmont

Bronze
Oct 9, 2009
The OP clearly states Food, housing and travel included - means they pay for that plus the 6000. Yes it's not much, but depending on the travel...etc it may be not too bad. Not enough details to comment on.
That comes to about US$40/week for spending money. I hope she doesn't need to renew her passport, buy toothpaste or tampons.

belmont

Bronze
Oct 9, 2009
Aproximately $2160 US per month, the way I calculate it.
$480 per week US$ taking into accoiunt 4.5 weeks approx per monthon average.

Food, housing and travel included as indicated by the op.
I don't understand what you calculated? The OP was offering RD$6000/month. Where did the US$2160 come from?

BigLongBeach

Feb 8, 2010
Live in nannys coming from the campo to smaller cities are now asking 3000rd bi-weekly. They are asking for more to go to the capital. That also includes room, and board. They also get a weekend off bi-weekly

I'm sure Nannies can be found for cheaper. I know same city nannies are cheaper. My example is someone i know who got a nanny from a campo near ocoa to bani.

Your offer is not terrible but you need to spend a little more. The room and board pay in a international country is pretty cool but she needs to be able to send money home and still be able to function in whatever country you take her.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Let's not forget he's looking for international travel. What about visas? I think he has to pay a LOT more than he's offering if he expects to find someone with a visa and 'some English'.

AE