Looking to Connect with an ESL Teacher

oceanslily

Nov 11, 2011
I am a graduate student (in the US) working on my Master's in ELL (essentially, updated terminology for ESL). Next semester, I will need to take my practicum, gaining experience through an ESL teacher. I will be in the DR in January, and am thinking of extending my stay if I can find a teacher to work with. If you are interested in assisting a new ESL/ELL teacher with gaining valuable experience while getting unpaid classroom help (and the school will approve), I'd love to talk with you.

The dates would be mid-January for 2-4 weeks. My days are flexible and I'd be looking for 10-30 hours a week with you. Things that would fulfill my requirements: observing classroom instruction, assisting with lesson preparation, working with students, helping with instruction, grading, etc. Location is open, as I'm more interested in the education aspect.

If this isn't something you're interested in, but know of someone (or a school) who may be, please pass on my information. I don't like to post too much personal information online, so you can PM or send me your email address. Thanks!

EverythingJeff

Oct 31, 2010
www.facebook.com
I am a graduate student (in the US) working on my Master's in ELL (essentially, updated terminology for ESL). Next semester, I will need to take my practicum, gaining experience through an ESL teacher. I will be in the DR in January, and am thinking of extending my stay if I can find a teacher to work with. If you are interested in assisting a new ESL/ELL teacher with gaining valuable experience while getting unpaid classroom help (and the school will approve), I'd love to talk with you.

The dates would be mid-January for 2-4 weeks. My days are flexible and I'd be looking for 10-30 hours a week with you. Things that would fulfill my requirements: observing classroom instruction, assisting with lesson preparation, working with students, helping with instruction, grading, etc. Location is open, as I'm more interested in the education aspect.

If this isn't something you're interested in, but know of someone (or a school) who may be, please pass on my information. I don't like to post too much personal information online, so you can PM or send me your email address. Thanks!

I just messaged three people from three different schools here in the capital. I'll let you know if I find anything.