Reliable Taxi Company or person

SKing

Silver
Nov 22, 2007
Hey we need the number of a reliable taxi company or private taxista. One with a minivan as it will be me, my 4 children, and 2 adult family members of another DR1er.
We need transportation from RIU Bachata in POP to Rocky's in Sosua for the Turkey day meal.
Thanks

SHALENA

belmont

Bronze
Oct 9, 2009
Try Tecni-Taxi; Tel. (809) 586 4243. They are the local Puerto Plata radio dispatched taxi used by the locals. They have always quoted me a locals price and the drivers have abided by it. You need to have someone who speaks Spanish to make the call. I have seen that they have some vans.

CoreyH

Mar 5, 2010
Here's the guy we use. Gustavo 809-491-0911. He speaks english in case you don't speak spanish. very prompt and helpful.

SKing

Silver
Nov 22, 2007
I will call them all and see what I am quoted, does anyone have the actual address to Rocky's?
Thanks

SHALENA

La Profe_1

Moderator: Daily Headline News, Travel & Tourism
Oct 15, 2003
Shalena, I second the suggestion of Tecni-Taxi. I use them myself and can PM you the telephone number of my regular driver. He has a car, but would be able to suggest someone reliable with a van. He speaks English, but since you speak Spanish anyway, it is a moot point.

By the way, any Tecni-Taxi driver might have trouble doing a pick-up at the Bachata. There is a taxi "mafia" at the Riu complex and they get a bit upset about pickups by local taxis.

RV429

Bronze
Apr 3, 2011
Elias 809-842-5557, English speaking newer Minivan and a very good taxi dude. My kids love him.

Bob K

Silver
Aug 16, 2004
I second the vote for Elias. We use him for our clients all the time. Great guy, nice van, speaks perfect English and on time ALWAYS. In fact this past week he has been shuttling around town 21 visiting dentists who were here working at Monkey Jungle.

Bob K

May 17, 2011
Do not use wilson guzman

I used wilson in September and let me say he is a rip off. He picked me up from the airport in puerto plata and took me to my hotel in sousa for 25 dollars. Two days later I needed to go to costombar where I would be spending the remainder of my trip.

On the way out of sousa he stopped at the gas station and did not have any money on him so I had to give him money for fuel. We already agreed on a price of 50.00 for him to take me to costombar I did not know I would have to pay for his gas. When he dropped me off in costombar he asked me to give him 100 dollars and he would not charge me when he picks me up from the airport, so I gave it to him.

When he picked me up from costomar to take me back to the airport he stopped at the gas station again. He is giving me an excuse that his dad died and did not any money because he did not work due to his dads death.
I only had 500 pesos left so I gave it to him. When he gets to the airport as I am greeted by the airport personal who takes my bags, Wilson has the nerve to ask me for more money. I told him I ran out and got in line at the airport. I think he sees tourists and tries to take advanatge of them. I will never use this driver again.

SKing

Silver
Nov 22, 2007
I used wilson in September and let me say he is a rip off. He picked me up from the airport in puerto plata and took me to my hotel in sousa for 25 dollars. Two days later I needed to go to costombar where I would be spending the remainder of my trip.

On the way out of sousa he stopped at the gas station and did not have any money on him so I had to give him money for fuel. We already agreed on a price of 50.00 for him to take me to costombar I did not know I would have to pay for his gas. When he dropped me off in costombar he asked me to give him 100 dollars and he would not charge me when he picks me up from the airport, so I gave it to him.

When he picked me up from costomar to take me back to the airport he stopped at the gas station again. He is giving me an excuse that his dad died and did not any money because he did not work due to his dads death.
I only had 500 pesos left so I gave it to him. When he gets to the airport as I am greeted by the airport personal who takes my bags, Wilson has the nerve to ask me for more money. I told him I ran out and got in line at the airport. I think he sees tourists and tries to take advanatge of them. I will never use this driver again.

Thank you for your story. This helps me as I do not want problems because it will be my first time meeting the other 2 adults and they are family members of someone here. We just want a safe ride, tranquilo, with a fair price and definitely no stops at the gas station.
Thanks

SHALENA

RV429

Bronze
Apr 3, 2011
That "stop at the gas station" trick is as old as the hills. You just say "no tengo cambio" ignore him and he has to pay.

Shaleena, Use my brother Elias, he is very good boy. I guarantee it!