The Hot Dog Machine Arrived....Kosher Dogs In Cabarete !

mike l

Silver
Sep 4, 2007
Finally after a long wait the Hebrew National Hot dogs are available at only One place in Cabarete.

These tasty treats are only available during the NFL Football games at the best sports bar on the North Coast !

The price is RD$ 200

May 5, 2007
Finally after a long wait the Hebrew National Hot dogs are available at only One place in Cabarete.

These tasty treats are only available during the NFL Football games at the best sports bar on the North Coast !

The price is RD$ 200

Damm, hate to sound cheap but $6 bucks for a freaking dog?

TStroman3

Sep 11, 2011
Believe me- they are worth every penny... be warnedthough- you eat one and you will be HOOKED!!!!!!

mike l

Silver
Sep 4, 2007
Then go and buy one tomorrow !

Tell all of your friends and have those friends tell other friends and the next thing you Know is that everyone will want these and it will drive down the price because everyone will be selling them!

And that's fine by me !

TStroman3

Sep 11, 2011
Really- just one and you are SOOOO hooked...just like a fat boy in a candy store. Lve, love, love em!!!!

Bob K

Silver
Aug 16, 2004
Is that 200 pesos plus then 26% tax? If so then really a $252RD hot dog or over $6.50 US . Not cheap by any means but in line with the prices there.

Bob K

May 29, 2006
It's a fair price for Hebrew National. In the US you are looking at about a buck per dog in NYC at the grocery store, and more outside of the East Coast. I think they are 6:1 for size. It's getting pretty common to see $8-$10 for a burger now when you eat out, and not huge burgers.

I really like "chimi-dogs." You roll a preheated hot dog in half of a flour tortilla and pin it closed with two wooden toothpicks. Then deep fry it until it starts to brown. Take out the tooth picks and dip it in some chili sauce.

Last edited:
No no no, 252peso for a hot dog is NOT cheap. It dosent matter how "fantastic" the hot dog is.- It is still 252pesitos.. And we all know how taca?o us gringos are here on the north coast.

But before we start to write our negative comments ( yes as we always do)- lets see how long this hot-dog-adventure will last. Maybe it will attract jews. That would be great! We always want more tourists on this island!

belmont

Bronze
Oct 9, 2009
These are All Beef American Kosher Franks On The Beach In The Caribbean!

How much are they at a Yankees game?

Yankee Stadium isn't bad, All beef Nathans are $3 (sold from stands on most levels). Kosher Hebrew National are $5, but that is from a kosher stand with rabbinical supervision. O'Shays isn't Yankee Stadium.

To see comparison of hot dog prices at other stadiums see: "Ball Park Prices" Infographic - WEBstaurant Restaurant Supplies

May 5, 2007
Yankee Stadium isn't bad, All beef Nathans are $3 (sold from stands on most levels). Kosher Hebrew National are $5, but that is from a kosher stand with rabbinical supervision. O'Shays isn't Yankee Stadium.

To see comparison of hot dog prices at other stadiums see: "Ball Park Prices" Infographic - WEBstaurant Restaurant Supplies

Baseball stadium and restaurant are two different things: In one you are being entertained and food is a secondary item, in the other it is the reason for going. If this place just happens to have a live Yankees Red Sox game in their 70,000 seat arena, OK, If I just stopped in for lunch?.

If $6 bucks is the going price, what the heck I'll have a couple if I stop by, the 400% markup on a hot dog won't break me, Just surprised me

Preston

Nov 13, 2011
No no no, 252peso for a hot dog is NOT cheap. It dosent matter how "fantastic" the hot dog is.- It is still 252pesitos.. And we all know how taca?o us gringos are here on the north coast.

But before we start to write our negative comments ( yes as we always do)- lets see how long this hot-dog-adventure will last. Maybe it will attract jews. That would be great! We always want more tourists on this island!

This is my first DR1 post and as a NYC native, i found the reference to Jews particularly offensive. With respect to the hot dog, it was delicious and worth every peso! Football fans visiting Cabarete MUST stop by Jose O'Shay's!

belmont

Bronze
Oct 9, 2009
This is my first DR1 post and as a NYC native, i found the reference to Jews particularly offensive. With respect to the hot dog, it was delicious and worth every peso! Football fans visiting Cabarete MUST stop by Jose O'Shay's!
Not worth taking offense at. I believe it was out of ignorance (that a kosher hotdog, from a traife restaurant, will attract Jewish tourists) rather than real antisemitism. Now if he had included the Jews in the taca?o comment, that would have been offensive.