Where to go / what to do

Assioso

Nov 15, 2011
Hi,

I'll be spending 2 weeks in DR starting next week (nov21 till dec 5th) but have not yet completely figured out how I'll be spending my time... I'm a 23 year old male on a budget :p

My dad was dominican so I have some family spread out over the island that I plan to visit. I have been here once before and speak enough spanish to get by..

So I land in Punta Cana on the 21st, will spend 1 or 2 days with my fam there before I head to Santo Domingo to visit some more family, prob spend the remainder of the first week there. On sunday head out to Santiago where I'll be ... you guessed it right, visiting more family, spend two days or so there and then head for the beach.

Then I'll have 4 or 5 days to spend by myself, and thought I'd either stick with Sosua and Cabarete... Been to Sosua for 2 days once and went out to the disco once, was alright... What I didnt particularly like about Sosua was the beach (def not that pretty) and all the working ladies (not my thing, have no problems seeing a little of that, but Sosua is nothing but that). I have not yet been to Cabarete.

What I'm looking for is a nice beach, good food and a few places to be able to go out at night ... Ow and keep in mind the budget (I wouldnt want to spend more than 60 USD - 50 euro/night on a room and if I can keep below that thats always good)

So, questions;
1) Sosua or Cabarete or a little of both ? OR is there just a better place to be for a relatively young single guy?
2) Any good hotels for Cabarete? I dont like that All-inn scene just cus I hate having to keep a schedule for when to eat and such, rather just get a room and go out to eat whenever I feel like it

Last edited:

EverythingJeff

Oct 31, 2010
www.facebook.com
Hi,

I'll be spending 2 weeks in DR starting next week (nov21 till dec 5th) but have not yet completely figured out how I'll be spending my time... I'm a 23 year old male on a budget :p

My dad was dominican so I have some family spread out over the island that I plan to visit. I have been here once before and speak enough spanish to get by..

So I land in Punta Cana on the 21st, will spend 1 or 2 days with my fam there before I head to Santo Domingo to visit some more family, prob spend the remainder of the first week there. On sunday head out to Santiago where I'll be ... you guessed it right, visiting more family, spend two days or so there and then head for the beach.

Then I'll have 4 or 5 days to spend by myself, and thought I'd either stick with Sosua and Cabarete... Been to Sosua for 2 days once and went out to the disco once, was alright... What I didnt particularly like about Sosua was the beach (def not that pretty) and all the working ladies (not my thing, have no problems seeing a little of that, but Sosua is nothing but that). I have not yet been to Cabarete.

What I'm looking for is a nice beach, good food and a few places to be able to go out at night ... Ow and keep in mind the budget (I wouldnt want to spend more than 60 USD - 50 euro/night on a room and if I can keep below that thats always good)

So, questions;
1) Sosua or Cabarete or a little of both ? OR is there just a better place to be for a relatively young single guy?
2) Any good hotels for Cabarete? I dont like that All-inn scene just cus I hate having to keep a schedule for when to eat and such, rather just get a room and go out to eat whenever I feel like it

I'm 27, and my favourite place to be (besides living in the capital) is Cabarete. You can stay in something like Hotel Kaoba for max. 1500 pesos a night.

Just telling you is making me jealous!

You can go to bars right across the street (Onno's is usually good). The people are all in their 20's, so you are set there too.

Assioso

Nov 15, 2011
btw how are Cabarete en Sosua during the week? Is it way slower than in the weekend?