Verena's cakes

Vinyasa

Bronze
Dec 22, 2010
www.kieranbarry.com
Took me a while to finally track down the famous cake-maker of playa chiquita...but both times i've been to her place, there has been a cerrado sign on the gate.

Anyone know if she is away? Or maybe she is only open mornings?

All info gratefully received...

jrhartley

Gold
Sep 10, 2008
ive seen the open sign in the mornings, there should be a telephone number outside the gate on a sign

avi8or57

Nov 25, 2010
Does she make apple, coconut custard and peach pies? Love to find some for the holidays!!!!

tee

Bronze
Sep 14, 2007
Cabarete
Verena's cakes are without a doubt the best cakes you will find on the north coast. If you ask her she will make just about anything for you...her traditional black forest cakes and her strawberry tortes are out of this world. As with the majority of European cakes very little sugar is used and so it makes it a little easier to eat bigger slices!! Forget about the calorie count though....For your information, Verena is crazy about curry. She lived in London in the 60's and her favorite thing was Indian food, (for those of you that don't know, outside of India, England has the best Indian restaurants in the world). So if you have any spare curry pastes you will really make her day. I have taken her a couple of different packets in the past and just the sparkle in her eyes is worth it! Damn, now I want a slice of cake!