ferry from Santo Domingo to Puerto Rico

bodleian

Jul 21, 2011
Word on the street says there's a ferry from Santo Domingo to Puerto Rico, does anyone know details of such a service? I have a flight out of Puerto Rico on the 25th and am trying to get there cheaply, help a traveler out!

- Matt

Castellamonte

Bronze
Mar 3, 2005
Cabrera
www.villa-castellamonte.com
What aduana restrictions do they have for items coming back on the ferry? It seems to be the benefit of the ferry is not just to get there (use planes for that) but to haul something over and / or back again. For instance, could I bring over my Tahoe from here to fill it up with junk and haul it back?

belmont

Bronze
Oct 9, 2009
What aduana restrictions do they have for items coming back on the ferry? It seems to be the benefit of the ferry is not just to get there (use planes for that) but to haul something over and / or back again. For instance, could I bring over my Tahoe from here to fill it up with junk and haul it back?
When I came in by ferry a few years ago, Aduana was very similar to the airport. Tourists were given the quick check while the Dominicans were checked out item by item. I would expect a car with Dominican registration will get a thorough inventory of contents.

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010
Hi:
If you go during the duty free Holiday period you could bring in up to $3000.USD worth of merchandise without any problems from customs.

S

Bob K

Silver
Aug 16, 2004
That $3000 duty free is only for Dominicans returning during the holiday season,not us Gringos. We continue to pay the full fare, exept for our $400 duty free.

Bob K