night life in Perta Plata

dbogdan83

Jun 20, 2011
Hola,

I am currently on vaca in Puerta Plata and looking for a few recommendations for the night life. The locals are telling me that there are a few diskos and they are all open from Wed-Sun. Does anyone have any personal experience? also i am not looking for Tourist/Puta diskos. Prefer something where the locals hang out so i can meet some decent chicas.

gracias

Bronxboy

Jul 11, 2007
sorry bud, decent chicas are not interested in gringos on vacation

Maybe knowing the language helps, but I do well at times. I do not consider myself a gringo so maybe thats the deal sealer. jejejejeje.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Check out the Golf Club at Playa Dorada on Saturdays or Sunday mornings. Or the Tennis Club, that is where the elite meet. Or go make friends with the Monegros and Bordas people downtown...Or go and meet Mairen? Bournigal at Deposito Ferretero or Dr. Arredondo....there are lots of nice people in POP, you just have to behave, dress and schmooze....Check the local papers for openings or new shows....see and be seen...

HB

jad604

Nov 17, 2011
Hola,

I am currently on vaca in Puerta Plata and looking for a few recommendations for the night life. The locals are telling me that there are a few diskos and they are all open from Wed-Sun. Does anyone have any personal experience? also i am not looking for Tourist/Puta diskos. Prefer something where the locals hang out so i can meet some decent chicas.

gracias
Best bet is Classico in Sosua. Rancho Tipico is good but Classico is guaranteed.

Kyle

Silver
Jun 2, 2006
dress nice, smile and speak a little spanish you can get a 9-10 every night in pop. dont listen to the myths. decent chicas dont need you ? yes they do because they're bf's and husbands treat them like doodoo. a gringo boosts their egos and self esteem (plus some of us spend money).
maybe one day these fixed income guys will stop telling that lie :ermm:

dbogdan83

Jun 20, 2011
it all sounds great and i appreciate the advise but i am just looking for a nice place to party with local girls.. picking up girls and speaking spanish is not an issue.. i just dont know the area well.. i heard that club mangu is a nice place but i looked at the pix and all i see is tourists and as far as i see where the tourists are thats where the Putas are and im not feeling that at all..

gallego

Feb 22, 2008
There must be a good night club around Puerto Plata and it is called Paqui. The owner is a French person, I am told you can find there a lot of nice girls.

FredBlogs

Jun 18, 2009
I would always recommend Furgon in Luis Genebra, it is a smaller place, but the music is not so loud, drinks prices are good, there are always lots of pretty girls (not putas) especially Wednesdays and Sundays, the cheap beer nights. There is good, reasonably priced food available and the bathrooms are very clean and functional. Occasionally you may have a waiter that cannot count, so be aware of that!

BermudaRum

Bronze
Oct 9, 2007
Locals hang out at Lighthouse Disco in Ocean World (weekends). Try the downstairs liquor store first which has seating and table service outside. You will always find some feel nice company there before heading upstairs. Also, the busiest disco with local action that you asking about in POP is Coppa disco, Costa Dorada . I agree El Furgon is a great place to start your evening off, and then maybe take your company to one of the disco later if you choose.

Last edited:

alexdr

Aug 19, 2010
Odds are you are not going to meet a decent chica in a disco. Its possible but not probable. Being on vacation, you do not have the time to uncover the truth about her life and daily activities and involvment with so called friends and family. Most if not all are great actresses and liars. Time is not on your side. Maybe you can find a needle in a haystack though. Good luck!

yacht chef

Bronze
Sep 13, 2009
I don't spend mouch time in POP so i dont know the night life well. I did like the ideas that HB gave golf club maybe ? I do think you meet nicer people in the day. Ochen world i all ways found it to be dead. I do like the place and hope it is geting beater, may be i need to get off the boat more!

Shiraz72

Bronze
Feb 10, 2010
Rancho Tipico Puerto Plata is one.

I agree. Luv RT and go there all the time... great live music and always lots of people. Never seen any fights or security issues there and nice atmosphere... I also like La Teraza... prolly spelled wrong..

RV429

Bronze
Apr 3, 2011
I agree. Luv RT and go there all the time... great live music and always lots of people. Never seen any fights or security issues there and nice atmosphere... I also like La Teraza... prolly spelled wrong..

For RT you have to go late and it's best on weekends. Keep your eye on all the telephone polls as that is where the live music fiestas are most advertised.