Street Hockey.... Anyone?

jeddom

Nov 13, 2011
Street hockey,road hockey,ball hockey.
What ever you might call it.
We play street hockey every Sunday at the International School just up la mulata road outside Sosua at 2pm.
Just bring your shoes and water, (gotta keep hydrated), we got the hockey sticks and balls, 2 nets with goalie equipment.
Play under a large roof structure, protected from the sun and a little mountain air swirling around.
Good fun not competitive, we have been playing for 4 months now, players from 16 to 60.
Rides can be had, if needed from Kahunas in Cabarate at 1:30pm.
Cost- Free :p
Come on out!

belgiank

Silver
Jun 13, 2009
Sounds like fun... I will be coming over to have a look in 2 weeks time...

Great initiative!

SosuaSam

Jan 4, 2010
Great idea, is there anything someone should bring next time coming down from Canada?
Next sports people might want to organze might be a slo-pitch game per week and maybe a touch football game. Viva la sport!

stingray73s

Oct 8, 2011
Sounds like a lot of fun... are girls (Canucks...hockey gals) invited too? Next time in town may bring half a shift... all forwards..need 2 defencemen to back us!!
:D

jeddom

Nov 13, 2011
Sounds like a lot of fun... are girls (Canucks...hockey gals) invited too? Next time in town may bring half a shift... all forwards..need 2 defencemen to back us!!
:D
For sure all are welcome the more players the longer rest I can have, LOL.
We have the d for you if you have the forwards for us.
Hope to see you.:D

Kahuna

Jun 29, 2009
Jedd buddy I wont be making hockey today but Everyone is still playing today and we do need more players and teams for the tournament in January against the Canadian and American Embassy.

rendul

Bronze
Feb 24, 2002
rendul.tripod.com
How is the shinny street hockey doing? Just curious if it has morphed into other locations on the North Coast, for example Cabarete? I have had several renters/people asking if there is any scheduled shinny in Cabarete. A lot of Canadians in Cabarete and not easy getting to watch the NHL games unless you go to a few specific bars or pay extra for the channels. I personally would like to see a lady's shinny team too!