DR1 Moderators need to be moderated?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TonyDman

*** Sin Bin ***
Sep 4, 2011
From 1 to 10, how do you rate our current dr1 moderators? Please also provide the reason why?

Chrismic

Mar 28, 2008
First, I am pretty sure that this thread will be closed or removed very fast.

That will tell a lot about how the moderators in this forum are.

For some time ago, I make a thread where I wanted to make a discussion about the moderation in this forum.
The answer from one moderator was very short and simple , if i didn't like their moderating , should I just close my account in this forum. And then was the tread closed..
Well, I didn't close my account, but I don,t write here anymore, just read ..

I often disagree with how this forum is moderated..
They often close thread very fast, if one poster attack you personally, will you have no chance to defend yourself if the thread is closed.

Many poster here with many post, think they can treat people how they want, and specially if you are a newbie.
Often change they the theme of the thread, like when one complain about annoying street vendors and people started to complain about how expensive the food in his restaurant was.

Some subject can you not discuss in this forum
If you write about the hookers in this country, specially if you live in Sosua, will some ask you to be banned because you maybe have a different view about the hookers than they have.
If your first language is not English, will people that disagree with you often use it against you and make fun of how you write English.

I think the moderators in this forum, should talk together about how they could moderate this forum better, and there are big difference between the moderators, and sometimes are the moderators that comes with bad replies.

I know about several people in this forum that only read here and not write because of bad experience and response here.

I give character 5 to your question.

tomas2

Nov 29, 2005
...Some subject can you not discuss in this forum
If you write about the hookers in this country, specially if you live in Sosua, will some ask you to be banned because you maybe have a different view about the hookers than they have.

I?m assuming you are talking about the ?I am coming to Sosua and I want to be a monger but don?t want to be staying in the same place as the black monger dudes? thread. If so, I am with Whirlybird. I am not a prude. Do whatever you want in Sosua. I am not concerned about the women there. They are more than capable of handling these guys. But it is a little boring (and kind-of sad if it isn?t spring break time, and the post isn?t by an 18-year-old from NYC).

And you guys DO have your own site (ISOC) that is dedicated to this kind of topic.

Yawn. Next. (as Robert would say).

Berzin

Banned
Nov 17, 2004
To the OP-here is a thought-it's one thing to be a regular poster on this board and quite another to be on the other side of the fence as a moderator. Many times one has to hold one's tongue for the sake of keeping a semblance of impartiality.

Yet this goes out the window when there are a certain number of people who will criticize anything you do or don't do because they just don't like you.

It's a Catch-22 situation, and when on the other side of said fence it becomes increasingly difficult to run the gauntlet, something you know nothing about because you are not a moderator.

It's very easy to come on here and complain about the moderating, when the situation is there are some very petty and vindictive agendas at work. Maybe if some of you would differentiate between disagreeing with a point of view and taking it personal to the point where blatant dislike develops things would be different.

Here is another thought-hold yourself to the same standards you hold the moderators and maybe there would be more civility.

I know this post is going to receive dislikes from the regular crew of Berzin fanboys, but I'm not running for political office. Our job as moderators is to try to make the site a better place for all, newbie and veteran alike. It is a thankless job, but I for one am happy for the opportunity.

For every expat I've regretted meeting there have been people like the Frank the Tank, Robert, Hillbilly, Bronxboy, Badpiece33, El Tigre and a whole host of others who have been an absolute pleasure to have known in person. I wouldn't trade any of these experiences, good or bad, for anything in the world because of the learning experiences I have derived from each situation.

And I have no problems taking the heat of criticism because that's what I'm made of.

Happy Thanksgiving to all of you.

Last edited:

rice&beans

Silver
May 16, 2010
First, I am pretty sure that this thread will be closed or removed very fast.

That will tell a lot about how the moderators in this forum are.

For some time ago, I make a thread where I wanted to make a discussion about the moderation in this forum.
The answer from one moderator was very short and simple , if i didn't like their moderating , should I just close my account in this forum. And then was the tread closed..
Well, I didn't close my account, but I don,t write here anymore, just read ..

I often disagree with how this forum is moderated..
They often close thread very fast, if one poster attack you personally, will you have no chance to defend yourself if the thread is closed.

Many poster here with many post, think they can treat people how they want, and specially if you are a newbie.
Often change they the theme of the thread, like when one complain about annoying street vendors and people started to complain about how expensive the food in his restaurant was.

Some subject can you not discuss in this forum
If your first language is not English, will people that disagree with you often use it against you and make fun of how you write English.
I think the moderators in this forum, should talk together about how they could moderate this forum better, and there are big difference between the moderators, and sometimes are the moderators that comes with bad replies.

I know about several people in this forum that only read here and not write because of bad experience and response here.

I give character 5 to your question.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/xH31hbUyLMY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I'M JOKING..............lighten up, it's the INTERNET

HAPPY THANKSGIVING EVERYONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:):):):):):)

CaptnGlenn

Silver
Mar 29, 2010
First of all, they are not "OUR" moderators, they are the site's moderators and the site belongs to Robert. So, it really only matters if HE thinks they're doing a good job of moderating HIS forum on HIS website. Unfortunately, people get the idea that just because a site owner provides a public forum on their site, that somehow the public owns the site / forum or has some kind of say in its administration. NOT SO.

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
The moderators do an amazing job, end of discussion.

If you have issues or concerns, email or PM me.

Status
Not open for further replies.