Pickering's Restaurant

Grandma Jen

Jan 16, 2008
Not posted for a while but thought this good to report

I went to Pickering's Restaurant with a group of friends for lunch last Sunday and the food was great, plenty of it, and very reasonably priced - so good that I booked for Christmas Day lunch;)

bochinche

Bronze
Jun 19, 2003
not sure if your post is a deliberate plug, but ......benefit of the doubt.

never heard of pickering's, haven't done a google and don't live under a rock......where is it? what kind of food?
sunny santo domingo? or up in the 'wild, wild north' somewhere?

Seamonkey

Bronze
Oct 6, 2009
Pickerings has been around for quite a while, they advertise in Adscene almost every week. The restaurant is located in Sosua on La Mulata on the right hand side, just across from the entry to Las Canas. Very good food and the owner Phil is a great English chef.

never heard of pickering's, haven't done a google and don't live under a rock......where is it? what kind of food?

Matilda

RIP Lindsay
Sep 13, 2006
Love what it said in the Sosua News Restaurant Guide.

"The chef has cooked royalty and the famous."

I wonder what they tasted like lol

Matilda

Grandma Jen

Jan 16, 2008

sorry to confuse - not a plug at all - just saying we enjoyed a meal there - as mentioned - located in La Mulatta serving traditional English fayre and I believe does a good curry (yet to try)

whirleybird

Silver
Feb 27, 2006
If Grandma Jen's OP was a 'deliberate plug' (and I quote), does it matter as third party referrals are welcomed on DR1.

We all learn lots from other people's good and bad experiences and use these reviews to decide which places to try before spending our cash.

Sounds like the Christmas Fayre at Pickerings in La Mulata, Sosua maybe a good venue for great food and some fun company - count me in!!!!!!!!!!!!

jrhartley

Gold
Sep 10, 2008
the king of spain and elizabeth taylor were the ones cooked (for) amongst others I believe