Need Legal/Real Estate information

ichinobond

Aug 16, 2005
I am a Dominican raised in the U.S., I have my D.R. documents in order. Both my parents have passed. I need to know what my rights are when learning about/claiming real estate or land inherited and or left to or legally entitled to by Grand father-Father/Mother. Your help is greatly appreciated.

ichinobond

Aug 16, 2005
I have attorney(s). They were my parents, now mine. I am the power of attorney person, but know little of my rights, or the rights. Is there not an informational website so I can educate myself somewhat?

dulce

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
You can do a search on DR1 in the legal section and somewhat educate yourself. I have seen the subject discussed here in the past. Good Luck

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
Inheritance in the Dominican Republic

The inheritance shall be distributed equally among the living relatives belonging to the highest rank. There are six ranks of heirs: First: descendants; Second: parents and siblings; Third: ascendants; Fourth: collaterals; Fifth: spouse; Sixth: The State.

There is a legal reserve on behalf of the children and parents of the deceased. This legal reserve is 50% of the patrimony if the deceased leaves one surviving child or one or both parents, and 66% if there are two children and 75% if there are three or more.

Since the year 2004 the inheritance tax is 3% on the value of the state after the corresponding deductions have been made.

http://www.elexpersona.com/EN/infoc...eriting_assets_in_the_dominican_republic.aspx