Police report in Ontario for provisional residency

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
Can someone from Ontario that has done the process at the Dominican Consulate tell me if the Consulate and ( DG de Migracion) accepts one from the city police, or OPP. The requirements checklist I got from the consulate says : Original National Police Report. To me that means RCMP and those guys are scarce in my neck of the woods.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
Just received an e-mail back from the Dominican Consulate General: "Yes, the Belleville City Police Criminal record check is acceptable as long as they check the RCMP database."
They do, so it will save me the trip to Toronto and a lot of time and money.

pularvik

Jan 2, 2011
Great Bob,-RCMP more prevalent in the cities and towns in BC so it was easy for us. There was no cost for the report. Our report was apostilled and submitted but we are still awaiting one other document for our submission,- then a 6-9 month wait according to our lawyer and experience of others on this board.
Myrna

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
According to what the consulate sent me:
REQUIREMENTS WITHIN CANADA TO APPLY FOR PROVISIONAL RESIDENCY IN THE DOMINICAN REPUBLIC

You must submit in person or mail the following documents:

1. Original Birth Certificate Note: If you were born outside of Canada, you must first certify your birth certificate as an authentic document from your country of birth at the country’s consulate or embassy in Canada before submitting it to us for legalization.
2. Original National Police Report
3. Original Marriage Certificate (if applicable)
4. Apply for a Residency Visa to enter the country (if applicable).

NOTE: THE DOCUMENTS LISTED ABOVE MUST BE LEGALIZED BY A DOMINICAN REPUBLIC EMBASSY OR CONSULATE FOR A FEE OF USD100.00 EACH, PAYABLE IN CASH IF IN PERSON IF NOT BY MONEY ORDER OR CERTIFIED CHEQUE TO THE DOMINICAN REPUBLIC CONSULATE. WHEN MAILING YOUR DOCUMENTS PLEASE INCLUDE A SELF-ADDRESSED PREPAID EXPRESS ENVELOPE. Also, please note that these documents must be translated into Spanish; you may request that service here for USD40.00 per page or through an official translator of your choice.

Our hours of operation are:
Monday to Friday from 9:00A.M. - 3:00P.M.
- Except statutory holidays

Email: infodominicanconsulate@gmail.com

IMPORTANT: These documents must be submitted in person at:

Direcci?n General de Migraci?n
Avenida 30 de Mayo, Esquina H?roes de Luperon
Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic
Tel: 1 (809) 508-2555; Foreign Dept. ext. 311/318 or Reception ext. 329/327
Website: DGM - Servicios - Extranjeria - Residencias Provisionales (Adultos)

Please note that you will have to contact the above immigration office in Santo Domingo to receive information on the rest of the requirements or check the website above.

In my case : I have a BC Certificate, and a Dominican Marriage license ( already stamped and in Spanish of Course)
The Belleville Police Report cost $30 Dollars but it's ready in a couple of days. The cost for apostilled and translation is $ 100 US per document at the consulate.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
According to what the consulate sent me:
REQUIREMENTS WITHIN CANADA TO APPLY FOR PROVISIONAL RESIDENCY IN THE DOMINICAN REPUBLIC

You must submit in person or mail the following documents:

1. Original Birth Certificate Note: If you were born outside of Canada, you must first certify your birth certificate as an authentic document from your country of birth at the country?s consulate or embassy in Canada before submitting it to us for legalization.
2. Original National Police Report
3. Original Marriage Certificate (if applicable)
4. Apply for a Residency Visa to enter the country (if applicable).

NOTE: THE DOCUMENTS LISTED ABOVE MUST BE LEGALIZED BY A DOMINICAN REPUBLIC EMBASSY OR CONSULATE FOR A FEE OF USD100.00 EACH, PAYABLE IN CASH IF IN PERSON IF NOT BY MONEY ORDER OR CERTIFIED CHEQUE TO THE DOMINICAN REPUBLIC CONSULATE. WHEN MAILING YOUR DOCUMENTS PLEASE INCLUDE A SELF-ADDRESSED PREPAID EXPRESS ENVELOPE. Also, please note that these documents must be translated into Spanish; you may request that service here for USD40.00 per page or through an official translator of your choice.

Our hours of operation are:
Monday to Friday from 9:00A.M. - 3:00P.M.
- Except statutory holidays

Email: infodominicanconsulate@gmail.com

IMPORTANT: These documents must be submitted in person at:

Direcci?n General de Migraci?n
Avenida 30 de Mayo, Esquina H?roes de Luperon
Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic
Tel: 1 (809) 508-2555; Foreign Dept. ext. 311/318 or Reception ext. 329/327
Website: DGM - Servicios - Extranjeria - Residencias Provisionales (Adultos)

Please note that you will have to contact the above immigration office in Santo Domingo to receive information on the rest of the requirements or check the website above.

In my case : I have a BC Birth Certificate, and a Dominican Marriage license ( already stamped and in Spanish of Course)
The Belleville Police Report cost $30 Dollars but it's ready in a couple of days.

El_Uruguayo

Bronze
Dec 7, 2006
I got a police clearance for my wife in ottawa at the ottawa police station, and they ran it through a national database (rcmp) and it was done in 5 minutes or so, for $40 - I imagine in belleville it would be the same.

Btw how long have you been in belleville bob?