Dominican robbed by 2 American tourists

rough english translation

"Criminal Investigation Officers and the Serious Fraud Northbound National Police announced yesterday the arrest and bringing to justice of two American tourists who assaulted the receptionist at a hotel resort where they are staying Cofresi, Puerto Plata, which stripped him of $ 5.070, 5.000 and RD cells.

The police spokesman in Puerto Plata, Col. Jesus Cordero Paredes said that the detainees are Marc Andrew Laing Americans aged 23 and 22 years Blandon Devis.

The two young men staying at the Hotel Lifestyle resort of Cofresi.

While in Santiago, were arrested two employees of a company, and pursue a Haitian accused of stealing three million dollars of Parts and Accessories Industrial business in this city.

The detainees are Disla Ramon Polanco, known as "Kelvin", Stalin Perez and Juan Canela, 20 and 22 years of age, respectively.

Police spokesman Colonel Lorenzo Morillo, said both had outstanding warrants for other crimes in the same business.

In the case of Puerto Plata, the Police stated that according to a complaint of Mary Castillo Vargas, the robbers asked for his help to get a paper copy and that in giving back, stormed. "

Givadogahome

Silver
Sep 27, 2011
The report is all over the place and I'll just emphasize where I think the translation is wrong or not clear.

They took 5,070 $US, 5,000RD$ and his cellular. The idiots were staying at the hotel, clever boys, lol.

In Santiago they arrested 2 employees accused of thieving 3 million pesos worth of industrial tools and they are on the look out for a third, being Haitian. There is a warrant outstanding for the both of them from previous robberies in the same company. Which in itself is odd.

It is all a bit weird, they are reporteed as if they are connected but I don't think they are.

johnny

Bronze
Feb 8, 2003
hausenland.com
The report is all over the place and I'll just emphasize where I think the translation is wrong or not clear.

They took 5,070 $US, 5,000RD$ and his cellular. The idiots were staying at the hotel, clever boys, lol.

In Santiago they arrested 2 employees accused of thieving 3 million pesos worth of industrial tools and they are on the look out for a third, being Haitian. There is a warrant outstanding for the both of them from previous robberies in the same company. Which in itself is odd.

It is all a bit weird, they are reporteed as if they are connected but I don't think they are.

We need the Donp report. but I doubt He published in his newspaper, not blood

puryear270

Bronze
Aug 26, 2009
I'm wondering if their new all-inclusive resort has an ocean view through the bars on the window.

kimbjorkland

Apr 6, 2011
They're so young, in their early 20's, probably didn't realize they were on camera or that their hotel has their names lol.

The part I don't understand is what hotel lets the receptionist have $5K USD in the front?

Givadogahome

Silver
Sep 27, 2011
I disagree, I've changed more than that between me and a few friends before a night out. 5K is nothing at reception, well in this case it turned out to be the actual amount, so obviously is not that massive.:ermm:

May 12, 2005
These 2 have to be the biggest idiots on the planet. Are they deportees or fine upstanding citizens from the hamlet of Lawrence, MA or the tranquil streets of the Bronx getting in touch with their rooots by visiting the land of their ancestors?

caribmike

Gold
Jul 9, 2009
Kind of "payback" for all the people robbed by Dominicans? Lol. Why they did not say to the clerk to send the money right away to their room? I assume, Lifestyle has room service? Man, how dumb :)

kimbjorkland

Apr 6, 2011
Osea, most gringos arrive at hotels with the room already full paid online with their credit cards.
Having $5K cash at the front desk seems strange.
Assume 100$ per night, that's the equivilent of 50 rooms paid in cash, and sitting behind the counter.

I mean, stranger things happen in DR!

Givadogahome

Silver
Sep 27, 2011
It is a weird scenario, I want to know how they managed it (well kind of) without getting shot, there is security all over the place, and on the entrance which is a way away from reception, so even in a car the reception could phone ahead and have them stopped at the main entrance up the road, ample time (which is probably what happened, but people normally get shot for this kind of thing).
Weird.