MISSING DOG - grey Pomeranian

Ali_de_VA

Jun 24, 2011
Last seen on Calle Separacion near 12 de Julio, Puerto Plata (near the post office). Apparently picked up in a towel by an American man who then walked towards Central Park. She is grey, 16 years old, about 10 pounds with a lot of fluffy fur.

She has kidney problems. Needs regular water and has a special diet. Named Foxy Lady but she can't hear or see well so won't come to her name. Please spread the word. Thank you.

photo.php

Givadogahome

Silver
Sep 27, 2011
Have you had a word with anyone with security cameras in that area. Worth a try.

The link with the photo is duff by the way.

Gordon

Jan 24, 2011
She looks like a courageous fox and a lady with a heart of gold. So cute. I would be horrified. Did the dog get loose or was it a snatch and grab?

Ali_de_VA

Jun 24, 2011
:) she walked out the front door when I had my back turned for a little bit. i didn't think she was so brave.

Ali_de_VA

Jun 24, 2011
thanks ...i can't seem to imbed or attach a picture.. but let me try again. i will check it out. thank you!

Givadogahome

Silver
Sep 27, 2011
The guy deserves a kicking. Obviously someone knows who he is if the word is he was American, find the person who saw him take her, get them to stand on the street until they see him, then lynch him and get the dog back. Chances are with a dog that cute it will be a gift to his girl. Bloody heartbreaking stuff, especially at that age, she can do without not knowing what is going on. I've got everything crossed. If you find him please post his picture!

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
don't be so hard on a snatcher, i am sure he felt sorry for it and did not want it on the street. one of them weeklings who want to save dominican street dogs. and yes, at 16 even a champion dog looks a bit homeless :)
i hope you will get her back!

Ali_de_VA

Jun 24, 2011
yeah not sure but i'm thinking he was a do-gooder. she was wandering ... but thanks for all the support. am going to post photos around town right now.

Givadogahome

Silver
Sep 27, 2011
don't be so hard on a snatcher, i am sure he felt sorry for it and did not want it on the street. one of them weeklings who want to save dominican street dogs. and yes, at 16 even a champion dog looks a bit homeless :)
i hope you will get her back!

Yeh, good point, I'll stand down on my initial reaction. Hope you are correct.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
I don't know how I missed that the dog has been missing since July 12th, caught it in Spanish on the blog [what does THAT say about my comprehension??]

In almost 5 months, what else have you done in DR to try to find this dog?

AE

pedrochemical

Silver
Aug 22, 2008
I think I saw this dog holed up in a quiet hotel in Boca Chica.
Told me she had been drugged and kidnapped or something.....

judypdr

Jul 23, 2011
Costambar
I don't know how I missed that the dog has been missing since July 12th, caught it in Spanish on the blog [what does THAT say about my comprehension??]

AE

AE, the dog only went missing this morning (Dec 4)...you're still on the ball. Not too worry.

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005

AE

12 de Julio is the name of the street!!!!!!!!!!!!

Who is on First, what is on Second.

tio tambo'

judypdr

Jul 23, 2011
Costambar
Sorry. Better a day ahead than a day late. No good deed goes unpunished. That's what I get for trying to be helpful... Anyway, the lost dog is the priority. Any help would be appreciated.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
12 de Julio is the name of the street!!!!!!!!!!!!

Who is on First, what is on Second.

tio tambo'

And I Don't Know who is on third. Obviously. [and all the non-Americans probably think we're both nuts about now]

Haha, thanks Tambo, NOW it makes sense, I wondered why she waited so long to ask for help. [duh!].

Obviously, I'm not a North Coast person.

And obviously I need to pay better attention - the OP does say 'near 12 de Julio'.

AE
Wondering if I'm losin' it!!!

Ali_de_VA

Jun 24, 2011
Foxy is found!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Foxy has been found! By a Dominican couple.

thanks everyone for the support!