careless stupid mom

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
I got a hair cut from my local barber and as I was walking down the street to my home I see a baby (maybe 2yrs old) with bibaron in her mouth running down the side walk as cars go by in relatively high speed. No mom in sight and no one seemed worried about the baby. so I followed the baby close by to see where she goes. She run 100 feet and enters a beauty salon. I follow her inside. As expected the mom was getting her hair done while the baby was free to run in and out of the salon to the street, right next to speeding cars. I just lost the top of my head watching the chopa with long nails bull-st1tting with other women without a care in the world. I yelled at her, called her irresponsible and assured her this is the exact way to get her kid killed. she acted worried and pretended to think she was unaware of the kid's where-abouts. I made sure I made her look bad in front of other people. I didn't care. this baby was just feet away from getting crushed by cars.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
I think I would have done the same thing, or worse. When I read the title I thought: Baby in car!

HB

frank12

Gold
Sep 6, 2011
Good for you! This is exactly what all concerned citizens should do if they find themselves in a simliar situation. Having a baby running next to a busy street is totally unacceptable.

xamaicano

Apr 16, 2004
Good for you. This drives me crazy when I see it and they look at you as if you are the one that has the problem. I remember a 4 year old almost being run over by a car with not a parent in sight.

Givadogahome

Silver
Sep 27, 2011
Yeh, well done. We've got a toddler and she has no idea about road safety, or what traffic is or does, the fact they don't just run into the road at that age is purely luck. I'm sure the kid has many scrapes to come, but looks like you planted a seed in the mothers mind that might reduce that somewhat.

keepcoming

Moderator - Living & General Stuff
May 25, 2011
Good for you..My in-laws live on a very busy street, the main street through town. When my son was little I told my mother in-law that if I see or hear about my son walking around alone in front of their house he would NEVER come to visit them again. On my next visit there they had put a wall with a gate. It never ceases to amaze me how many toddlers I see running about alone next to a busy street. My worst is when you see a toddler/child running about in a parking lot. :mad:

I got a hair cut from my local barber and as I was walking down the street to my home I see a baby (maybe 2yrs old) with bibaron in her mouth running down the side walk as cars go by in relatively high speed. No mom in sight and no one seemed worried about the baby. so I followed the baby close by to see where she goes. She run 100 feet and enters a beauty salon. I follow her inside. As expected the mom was getting her hair done while the baby was free to run in and out of the salon to the street, right next to speeding cars. I just lost the top of my head watching the chopa with long nails bull-st1tting with other women without a care in the world. I yelled at her, called her irresponsible and assured her this is the exact way to get her kid killed. she acted worried and pretended to think she was unaware of the kid's where-abouts. I made sure I made her look bad in front of other people. I didn't care. this baby was just feet away from getting crushed by cars.

She was using the baby as bait to get your fine a$$ near to her. It worked. :)

FredBlogs

Jun 18, 2009
What a stupid and irresponsible comment to make on a serious subject................tosser!

jrhartley

Gold
Sep 10, 2008
they dangle them in the road in sabaneta, I hate driving through there, also when crossing roads people usually just push the baby out first in its stroller without really looking

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
"Consider The Source"!!!!!!==============="DOMINICANS"!
THEY ARE USUALLY "cLUELESS" TO THE WHEREABOUTS of their kids!
I told my wife the first time she was pregnant,that the day I see any of our kids riding in the back of a pick-up truck,I would take the kid,and go to the airport,and we would never return.
Many years later, the kids are 6 to 10 years old,up comes the truck,with BOTH boys standing in the back!
"What The PHUCK"???
She said there was no danger,because there were several adults in the back to protect them!
She NEVER has the kids wear their seat belts!
She wants to take them to the beach,pool,or water park??????
NO PHUCKING WAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I have seen how Dominicans watch their kids around water!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

frank12

Gold
Sep 6, 2011
Haha Criss-Colon,

It's amazing how, after a while, you just sort of acclimate to the environment and culture around you. It's a slow process. It happens in increments. It's unnoticable to the untrained eye. it's such a slow process, in fact, that before one realizes it, one is driving in the same way as Dominicans drive, one is throwing caution to the wind in the same way Dominicans do; and before one realizes it, one is driving without seatbelts, helmets, life jackets, and bullet proof vests.

Back to the children. I've witnessed on several occassions, children being dangled over the mountain roads at the end of fishing pools. I'm not kidding. Parents and siblings alike will dangle the child over the roadway using just a rudimentary fishing pool with a 15lbs test line. Dominicans are very skilled in this manner. they hold the child either above the roadway or near the road's edge, and right when you least expect it, they reel the child back into saftey at record pace, sometimes causing whiplash. This is why you'll notice that a lot of children have long necks.

FRank

"Consider The Source"!!!!!!==============="DOMINICANS"!
THEY ARE USUALLY "cLUELESS" TO THE WHEREABOUTS of their kids!
I told my wife the first time she was pregnant,that the day I see any of our kids riding in the back of a pick-up truck,I would take the kid,and go to the airport,and we would never return.
Many years later, the kids are 6 to 10 years old,up comes the truck,with BOTH boys standing in the back!
"What The PHUCK"???
She said there was no danger,because there were several adults in the back to protect them!
She NEVER has the kids wear their seat belts!
She wants to take them to the beach,pool,or water park??????
NO PHUCKING WAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I have seen how Dominicans watch their kids around water!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Lolitula

Mar 16, 2011
Ugh, to the mum of a perfect - not that I'm biased ;) - six year old, I can't imagine doing some of the things I see the mothers here do/say etc. I'm known to be a wee bit overprotective, as it's my first born and single-motherhood set in etc., but I have no tolerance for some of the things I've seen here...

Anyway, good on you for calling her out! Apparently there are some 'Schools for Parents' in the town where I live, mind you if they're run by like-minded figures, um... hmmm. :)

donluis99

Bronze
Jul 12, 2004
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

?que fue? ?No fueron?

11 years here and no acclimation in sight! I teach my kiddos all customs American that I can, including the most important missing here, Common Sense! Even Mommi has done quite well that she almost qualifies to be doamerican.

g'luck

serenity

Dec 1, 2011
This is the stuff that gets me going. So many would love and deserve to have children and can't. And then we have these losers that don't deserve the oportunity to experience something as beautiful as having kids and they do. Now if a car would have killed this child you would see the piece of work that this child has for a mother crying and beating her chest asking "Why my baby why???" Poor child:mad:

noni

Mar 30, 2009
Haha Criss-Colon,

It's amazing how, after a while, you just sort of acclimate to the environment and culture around you. It's a slow process. It happens in increments. It's unnoticable to the untrained eye. it's such a slow process, in fact, that before one realizes it, one is driving in the same way as Dominicans drive, one is throwing caution to the wind in the same way Dominicans do; and before one realizes it, one is driving without seatbelts, helmets, life jackets, and bullet proof vests.

Back to the children. I've witnessed on several occassions, children being dangled over the mountain roads at the end of fishing pools. I'm not kidding. Parents and siblings alike will dangle the child over the roadway using just a rudimentary fishing pool with a 15lbs test line. Dominicans are very skilled in this manner. they hold the child either above the roadway or near the road's edge, and right when you least expect it, they reel the child back into saftey at record pace, sometimes causing whiplash. This is why you'll notice that a lot of children have long necks.

FRank

I could not acclimate, that is why I returned home. I'll keep DR as a vacation spot. This is one of the 100 reasons I could not take DR any more...children are not the mothers number one responsibility...getting the hair, nails and having 500 pairs of jeans is.