New Post 2011-2012 Haitians In Cabarete and Sosua, A Problem? And the solution.

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
lens18370428_1313914658annoyances-20110404-10231

xwill

Dec 2, 2011
Have you been to Santiago??? It is worst! This is getting out of control fast!

pedrochemical

Silver
Aug 22, 2008
When you identify a problem in an op-ed piece it is customary to suggest a few solutions.
What are your solutions?

You started out OK with all this 'I'm gonna clean up town stuff' but what is your proposal for these people that you have identified and feel you know all about?

You are in the process of losing sympathy with the board unless you show yourself to be any less than just your average bigot who arrives, makes a stink then has to leave one night in rather a hurry.

pedrochemical

Silver
Aug 22, 2008

Wow, just read your egregious bile.
You are a straight out racist.
You know nothing of these people yet you want them deported - to where specifically?
Haiti? Have you ever been there to see what they would be going to?

Truly a classic, narrow-minded, small town racist bigot.

Screw you!
That is my family you are talking about, buddy.

You will not last long on DR1, I promise you that.

pedrochemical

Silver
Aug 22, 2008
So this wimp does not even have the balls to use his own name even when spewing this bile, even though he admits to living outside the D.R. 'until the dust settles,' writing this crap from the comfort of his mommas trailer.

What a twat!

Big Dan

Feb 14, 2009
I see nothing in that piece that is racist. I read these facts:

1) Many Haitians in the Dominican Republic do not have legal immigrant status.

2) Crimes are committed by some Haitian immigrants.

3) The Dominican health care system has patients who are not legal immigrants and they crowd the system.

4) Dominican Immigration in Puerto Plata needs permission from Santo Domingo to conduct an operation, and if approved, they do not have the vehicles to conduct deportation.

5) Dominican Police cannot deport illegal immigrants, and in the absence of a crime, they can hold immigrants for only 24 hours before releasing them.

6) The U.S. asked Dominican authorities to be lenient on illegal border crossings after the earthquake.

The inference: If crimes are being committed by illegal immigrants they should be deported, and they currently are not being deported. Immigration in Puerto Plata is not enforcing the law.

None of this is racist.

Actually, it sounds just like American immigration to me. 12 million illegal immigrants, and very few deportations. Where do you see this as racist? It is logical to think that if illegal immigrants are committing crimes, and they are deported, then less crimes committed by those immigrants will occur.

It also isn't egregious or filled with bile. And before you attack me you should know that my wife is Haitian.

Givadogahome

Silver
Sep 27, 2011
Juan,

Well done on the blog, it looks nice and all that but this particular article is quite weak. It is nothing more than a long winded call for a petition to force the powers that be to try and boot the Haitian population on to the next town. I agree with Pedro that if you are going to start something like this then you do need to have a solution to the issue, at least a seed to plant, without that it is short sighted and resolves nothing, which some may say kind of led to things getting out of hand in the first place.
It hasn't taken long for the devastation not so long ago to be forgotten and the sympathy turned back onto the Dominican people themselves, the feeling being again that Dominicans again are the victims in this, be it right or wrong (I have learned to keep certain opinions I have on this to myself as it seems especially on this site I stand in a minority, which is cool by me). It is a stinking mess unfortunately, but it needs constructive thought, not short term solutions and moving the problem on.
You also mention that illegal immigrants are simply deported from 'all other countries' this is not the case at all, infact couldn't be farther from the truth. Countries take into consideration the situation of the individual and deal with them accordingly. People are given rights for humanitarian reasons, welcome to the modern world. Haiti is somewhere inbetween which makes it all the more complicated, and DR being as it is just magnifies that even more. SO solutions are great, passing the buck isn't a possibility, so what do you propose.
I have sympathy, I have seen Bavaro now being more like little Haiti than the East Coast of the Dominican Republic, but you need options, suggestions, and a way forward, like you say, taking them away only leads to them returning the next week. One thing for sure, nothing will happen quickly.

Last edited:

johnny

Bronze
Feb 8, 2003
hausenland.com
Wow, just read your egregious bile.
You are a straight out racist.
You know nothing of these people yet you want them deported - to where specifically?
Haiti? Have you ever been there to see what they would be going to?

Truly a classic, narrow-minded, small town racist bigot.

Screw you!
That is my family you are talking about, buddy.

You will not last long on DR1, I promise you that.

I thought Robert was the owner of DR1.

pedrochemical

Silver
Aug 22, 2008
So is my wife - big deal. In fact some of the most violently racist anti Haitians in the D.R. are Haitians - go figure.

This guy is just trying to whip it all up from the sidelines.
Wherever he tries to spew his BS I shall be there to keep him honest.
This kind of crap does not get a free pass when I am around.

I am looking forward to this prick trying it on with me an mine.

pedrochemical

Silver
Aug 22, 2008
I thought Robert was the owner of DR1.

Did somebody say he wasn't?

But history shows that those who get all angry and lose it on the board get banned.
Miraculously I have not been banned yet as I keep it within the rules, more or less.

I am predicting that this guy will not last long.

What's yer point, johnny?

johnny

Bronze
Feb 8, 2003
hausenland.com
Some of the Haitians living in the North Coast and other touristic areas, are criminal that were serving sentences in prison in Haiti and they escaped after the earthquake. Crime committed by Haitians has increased dramatically in the last 2 years. This is a serious problem and have to be faced instead of attacking or disqualifyiing any serious attemp at solving the problem.
This is not just a crime, Its also a health problem. In the last report of HIV in the country, DR is down by 25%, but this percentage increases in areas where Haitians live.
These Haitians defenders who has been benefiting for years from them (cheap sex, cheap labor, etc) do not realize that they are afilando cuchillo para su propio pescuezo (sharpening knife to his neck).
I would like to see them defending the same way the Dominicans who have made them feel at home.

pedrochemical

Silver
Aug 22, 2008
Read my previous posts in praise of the the D.R. and its citizens and how they came together for the Haitians after the earthquake.

But this guy is just stirring up old fashioned racist bollocks and i will not let him as long as i have not been banned from this board. End of. So keep it coming.

But johnny, if you are trying to make out that the D.R's problems or especially Cabarete's problems are the fault of the Haitians then you are wrong at best and at worst......

Big Dan

Feb 14, 2009
Just can't let you get away with it. There is no racism in what was written. The facts have been presented to you two different ways; through the blog post, and through written facts after the blog post.

I challenge you to show me one racist remark in that blog post. Show me. Cut and paste the exact wording right here so everyone can see it.

johnny

Bronze
Feb 8, 2003
hausenland.com
Read my previous posts in praise of the the D.R. and its citizens and how they came together for the Haitians after the earthquake.

But this guy is just stirring up old fashioned racist bollocks and i will not let him as long as i have not been banned from this board. End of. So keep it coming.

But johnny, if you are trying to make out that the D.R's problems or especially Cabarete's problems are the fault of the Haitians then you are wrong at best and at worst......

We have a lot of problems. but this country depend on tourists. and crime is the main problem that away any tourist from visit a country.

pedrochemical

Silver
Aug 22, 2008
Crime committed by Haitians has increased dramatically in the last 2 years. This is a serious problem and have to be faced instead of attacking or disqualifyiing any serious attemp at solving the problem.
This is not just a crime, Its also a health problem. In the last report of HIV in the country, DR is down by 25%, but this percentage increases in areas where Haitians live.

Again, says who?
That is utter bollocks that you believe because you read sh!te like that pathetic American blog.

pedrochemical

Silver
Aug 22, 2008
[/B]
We have a lot of problems. but this country depend on tourists. and crime is the main problem that away any tourist from visit a country.

Maybe they should arrest the criminals? Just a thought!
But no, you want to use this to get rid of people that offend your sensibilities.
The young kids, the toddlers, the moms trying to feed their kids??

These are the criminals? No? But you want them deported.

Obviously this is not about crime it is about getting rid of Haitians.

Again, where would you send them?