From California

wmdrandolph

Nov 21, 2011
Bill and Gladie Randolph are new (5 months now) to the DR.
We live in Santo Domingo in the Bella Vista area.
Bill works with Mission Emanuel out in Bayona - specifically Cielo and Nazarete - as the Director of Operations. Should you be interested, you can learn about ME at missionemanuel.org

Our plan is to be here for two years and then hope to go back to SoCal to fully retire. We'll see!
who knows with the economy the way it is.

Enjoying acclimating, not the easiest thing to do, but certainly not impossible.

Blessings
B&G

Lolitula

Mar 16, 2011
Hi Bill and Gladie!

Welcome to the DR, and to DR1! It's certainly not always easy to acclimate here, especially coming from the beautiful California (not that Santo Domingo isn't beautiful :) )

We moved here (up north, to Cabrera) only in July and I've found DR1 to be one of the most wonderful life-lines for me...we'll hope to hear you're doing well, and if you have questions this is the place to go! :D

porkman100

Gold
Apr 11, 2010
Hello Bill and Gladis;

You have a very nice web site,I am sure that you are a great help to people that need it the most.
I retired to S/Cal over 7 years ago,but I always planned to do it in R.D.,Since I am almost a Dominican. When here I miss there and when there I miss it here.What I dont miss is the humidity. And thanks again for your contribution.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Welcome. Having retired to the DR from California (San Francisco Bay area) one thing you will miss is the great weather in California. Have fun adapting to the many other differences.

ExtremeR

Silver
Mar 22, 2006
Welcome. Having retired to the DR from California (San Francisco Bay area) one thing you will miss is the great weather in California. Have fun adapting to the many other differences.

Tell me about it, I went to San Diego from Vegas in August and by 7 PM it was 62F down there. I was freezing!!

AndyGriffith

Mar 11, 2010
Yeah well I don't miss that freezing fog in August out in the Sunset, but I do see your point about the rest of the SF Bay Area.