Hotels in Ouanaminthe?

Feb 7, 2007
FIRST. This is DR related board.
SECON. I guess there are. Whatever form that may be, but I am sure there are some beds for rent.

Tom F.

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
I have spent a little time on in Dajabon and Quanaminthe and have spent the night on the Dominican side both times. We get a nice, clean, comfortable room at Hotel Brisol for around US$15-17. A little more for air conditioning.

While in Haiti we have looked around at the options for the Haitian side and we found US$80 to be the norm for similar type accommodations. It appears the UN workers and christian aid groups who frequent the area are willing to pay that and that is the cost. I am sure it is more expensive to maintain services on the Haitian side.

Depending on your need for comfort, I did pass by a few places which looks potentially less expensive as I was walking around town. There are some other websites I remember seeing years ago which cover the issue.

Jun 29, 2011
FIRST. This is DR related board.
SECON. I guess there are. Whatever form that may be, but I am sure there are some beds for rent.

Most normal human beings who respect themselves try to avoid looking stupid at all costs, and when they slip up and embarass themselves, they appreciate it that others inform them of their mistake so they can correct it and save face.

On the slight chance that you might be such a person I'll inform you that even though this DR1 forum is mainly about the DR, this particular section is about HAITI, just as it clearly states above for all who possess the intelligence to see that. Therefore, questions about Haiti are appropriate here.

For some reason known only to you, you failed to grasp that and put your foot in your mouth. Just thought you might want to know.

;)

Steve Brand

Banned
Dec 10, 2011
Thanks for the info, Tom. I really appreciate it, and thanks to the others who gave real answers as opposed to the one silly one given by someone from Higuey.

From what I've been reading here and on other sites of the internet, Dajabon would be the best place to stay as opposed to Ouanaminthe.

Is the city of Ouanaminthe directly across the bridge, or do you have to travel a few miles to get to it?

May 29, 2006
Most normal human beings who respect themselves try to avoid looking stupid at all costs, and when they slip up and embarass themselves, they appreciate it that others inform them of their mistake so they can correct it and save face.

On the slight chance that you might be such a person I'll inform you that even though this DR1 forum is mainly about the DR, this particular section is about HAITI, just as it clearly states above for all who possess the intelligence to see that. Therefore, questions about Haiti are appropriate here.

For some reason known only to you, you failed to grasp that and put your foot in your mouth. Just thought you might want to know.

;)

I confess. I reported the post.

~First, because the OP was rightly in the Haiti section.

~Second, because it offered no info at all other than a guess there is a town, so there must be a hotel.

~Third, it was the OP's first post on the site and newbies should be given some slack or some courtesy even when they are out of line, which he wasn't.

~Forth, because some other poster tried to hijack the thread by getting into an argument about it and I asked for his post to be taken down as well.

"It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt. "
--Abraham Lincoln