best stores in POP for appliances and curtains/blinds

surferboy

Jul 24, 2009
for home appliances (washing machine, gas range, fridge, TV etc.) and curtains/blinds, which stores in POP have the best selection, service and prices ?

drloca

Silver
Oct 26, 2004
We found some good deals at Corripio(? sp). Selection was decent and they were fairly negotiable.

SantiagueroRD

Bronze
Apr 20, 2011
Good Morning, Do not buy a MAKNA TV from anybody much less Corripio. it is diabolically designed so that you have to use the remote to operate it but no one in the world appears to have a replacement remote. The universal ones where you can program or search does not work. Corripio has told me and several other people that they have remotes coming from SD but that was over a year ago and I have checked with the SD service section and they do not have nor anticipate getting any,

SantiagueroRD

Bronze
Apr 20, 2011
Ok now it makes sense why the MAKNA TV's buttons do not work and will only with the remote. Anybody need a 60 pound paperweight?

retiree

Bronze
Jan 18, 2008
When we were shopping for a TV on the North Coast we started writing down the model numbers and looking them up. One TV was 8 years old! Others averaged 3-4 years old. Finally we bought a new (current year) Samsung at the computer shop behind Bailey's in Sosua. That was a few years ago. Last year we bought a built in oven in the housewares section of the big hardware store in Cabarete and found their selection to be very good. For that item they had the best price and selection.

jad604

Nov 17, 2011
for home appliances (washing machine, gas range, fridge, TV etc.) and curtains/blinds, which stores in POP have the best selection, service and prices ?

I've bought a stove and a washing machine from the small store right by the intersection off the main strip that leads to the bus station. I had my wife go in first to get the price, then I went in by myself with cash and negotiated the price down 30%. No BS

DavidZ

Silver
Aug 29, 2005
www.vipcigartours.com
Hidelisa in PP for curtains/drapes. They have a huge selection of fabrics and accessories and will custom make curtains in a few days. Several friends have used them for years, I just ordered some today..very pleased with the price...and service so far. They also sell furniture and appliances, but don't know how their prices compare.