This is going around the Internet. Seems to be a virus warning....

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Upon further review: it is always good to check for yourself on snopes, I did (http://www.snopes.com/computer/virus/postcard.asp) and as you can see this is a rather outdated warning.
However, it is important to look at what you receive!!

So, just in case, I am going to post it here. You can check it out, too, just to make sure that the person who sent it to me is on the ball.
Since this is a season when lots of holiday e-mails are going around this could well be true. Just be careful.

I checked with Norton Anti-Virus, and they are gearing up for this virus!

I checked Snopes, and it is for real. Get this E-mail message sent around to your contacts ASAP.
PLEASE FORWARD THIS WARNING AMONG FRIENDS, FAMILY AND CONTACTS!

You should be alert during the next few days. Do not open any message with an attachment entitled POSTCARD FROM HALLMARK, regardless who sent it to you. It is a virus which opens A POSTCARD IMAGE, which 'burns' the whole hard disc C of your computer.

This virus will be received from someone who has your e-mail address in his/her contact list. This is the reason why you need to send this e-mail to all your contacts. It is better to receive this
message 25 times than to receive the virus and open it.

If you receive a mail called' POSTCARD,' even though sent to you by a friend, do not open it! Shut down your computer immediately. This is the worst virus announced by CNN.

It has been classified by Microsoft as the most destructive virus ever. This virus was discovered by McAfee yesterday, and there is no repair yet for this kind of virus. This virus simply destroys the
Zero Sector of the Hard Disc, where the vital information is kept.

COPY THIS E-MAIL, AND SEND IT TO YOUR FRIENDS.

REMEMBER: IF YOU SEND IT TO THEM, YOU WILL BENEFIT ALL OF US

HB

Last edited:

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
First rule of the internet. Do not open ANY attachment unless you know who sent it and what it is.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
The Sky Is NOT FALLING????????????????????????????????
Thank God!
I guess I can put away my garden hose.
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

PeteyPablo

Bronze
Apr 30, 2011
As an IT consultant, I have not seen one of these in years. The current state of malware has gotten much more sophisticated. Getting rid of the 'infection' from current malware has also gotten a lot tougher, but not impossible.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Fish: The body of that post was what was sent to me. I checked and put what I found on top...It really is a few years out of date but these things circulate all the time, so it got to an old (really old) friend and she forwarded it to me.

As a wise poster said (probably JD), these are often "phishing" expeditions to get live e-mail addies for later spam campaigns. They sell the addresses by the 1000s to companies looking to market products over the internet...

Just don't open and download something because it comes from your best friend. So far I have had virus loaded mails from my son in law, and at least two good friends...just one careless click can bring on a host of headaches...

HB

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Lately they hack your Email and send a virus attachment to everyone on your EMail list. So like HB mentioned , it does not matter who it came from, but what it is.

I for one do not open any attachments unless it is something I requested from someone.

Africaida

Gold
Jun 19, 2009
I don't open attachment from people I know as soon as I notice that there are too many recipients or the content of the message is very generic.