Opening a bank account in DR

businessdr

Oct 8, 2011
Hello everyone,

Does anyone know which bank would be the easiest and fastest to open a personal bank account?

Any advice is appreciated.

Thanks guys!

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002
for a quick answer: I opened an account in Scotiabank (pesos and dollars) in about 20 minutes, I tried the same at Banco Popular but all the stuff they asked made me decide not to open an account in my name. I have been told their process is easier now. I also opened a (Euro) account at BHD, which took about half an hour, very simple as well.

VJS

Bronze
Sep 19, 2010
I also opened a (Euro) account at BHD, which took about half an hour, very simple as well.

You opened a foreign currency account in a dominican bank? - I remember seeing threads stating this is not something that's available in DR, can you confirm?

RustyNail

Mar 2, 2009
Bsd

I have had an account with Banco Santa Cruz for many years now. They seem to be more helpful than others. And yes, it is definitely possible to have an account in Dollars or Euros for that matter.

businessdr

Oct 8, 2011
Merchant account with Personal Bank account

guys,

thanks for the help on the personal bank account. Does anyone know if I will be able to have a merchant account with the personal account?

I appreciate the help!