Sosua Kids Christmas Party - December 17th

Seamonkey

Bronze
Oct 6, 2009
Tomorrow Saturday December 17th, Sosua Kids will be hosting their 2nd annual Christmas party for the kids. A section of Pedro Clisante will be closed for the afternoon for the live bands, bouncy rooms, face painting, photos with Santa Clause, vendor tables and several other activities. This is a great cause to support. Fun starts at 12:30pm till 6ish.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
It seemed to come off well. I played in the band and we had a good time. The stage was supposed to have been set up in the morning so the acts could perform starting at 1 PM instead of several hours later. Then the road was supposed to be clear by 6 PM. I left just after we were done playing. When did the stage finally get taken down?

Mar 2, 2008
It seemed to come off well. I played in the band and we had a good time. The stage was supposed to have been set up in the morning so the acts could perform starting at 1 PM instead of several hours later. Then the road was supposed to be clear by 6 PM. I left just after we were done playing. When did the stage finally get taken down?

By all reports, the day went off very well. Everyone seemed to have a great time.

The one small complaint I had was the length of time it took to remove the stage. It was still up well after 8 pm, and the street was not blocked off at the entrance, meaning that many cars would begin down Pedro Clisante only to be forced to back up the 100 meters or so to get out. Obviously this created a tricky situation.

I do like the concept of blocking off the street at night, at least for special events. It just has to be managed more effectively.