Rockys new years eve toy drive

citynights

Jan 24, 2011
I will be In Sousa Dec.22-Jan.3...over xmas & new years...any news how the Rockys toy drive is going...I really look forward to this event....this will be my 5th year....

Citynights...

Dafishguy

Bronze
Oct 30, 2007
Hi Citynights,

Yes, we are a go again for this year. Our charity Thanksgiving dinner was a huge success and along with donations we have received so far, we were able to purchase over $600 US in presents so far for the New Years Eve give away and we are not done yet. We fully expect to make one or two more trips to the store to get even more gifts for the less fortunate children we try to help each year.

You are all welcome to join us at Rocky's for our New Years Eve extravaganza and come with us to experience firsthand just how much a child's smile while receiving perhaps their very first wrapped gift in their lives can be a life changing experience for us as well.

As before, we start off at Rocky's with our famous traditional steak dinner with all the fixings at about 7 PM. We also feature an open bar, party favors, music, friendship, the barrio run which is totally voluntary and you are not required to attend if you would rather stay at Rocky's and dance and drink and of course the party to help ring in the new year. The cost per person this year is $1,500 pesos with excess proceeds going towards the purchase of gifts for next years party.

So with that, I am proud to start off the attendance list for this year's party. Please just cut and paste your name on the list and repost if you are planning on joining us this year. Also, feel free to change your number of attendees if required. Thank you all for your past and present generosity and we'll see you all NYE.

Happy Holidays to all!

Rick and the staff of Rocky's, Sosua.

Rob J - 6
Todd W - 2
Kevin M - 2
Rover - 1
Chris T - 2
Marco B - 2
Daniel G - 2
Citynights - 1
Steve NJ - 1

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
Hi Dafishguy,
don't know yet if I will be able to make the New Year's Eve bash but I have had instructions from 'On High' to make the usual donation to the cause. When you (or that 'other fella') come across next to buy some prezzies, make sure you call in at this house for a few spondoolies!!!! ~ Grahame.

Dafishguy

Bronze
Oct 30, 2007
Hi Dafishguy,
don't know yet if I will be able to make the New Year's Eve bash but I have had instructions from 'On High' to make the usual donation to the cause. When you (or that 'other fella') come across next to buy some prezzies, make sure you call in at this house for a few spondoolies!!!! ~ Grahame.

Will do big guy and "Thank you"

Merry Christmas.

Rick

Dafishguy

Bronze
Oct 30, 2007
First photo of this years gift run

Howdy folks,

Just before Thanksgiving, Ro and I went on our first toy run. We bought a trunk load and had them wrapped and put under the tree before our Thanksgiving dinner. This is just a taste of what is too come. As things progress we will be posting more photos and of course, we will be posting photos of the festivities NYE. Hope to see you here.

2011-11-05170522.jpg

Take care,

Rick

dulce

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
Thank you for posting udates and the picture. I do not have a chance to see this event in person. I love that you share it on DR1.
Thank you and everyone else who puts smiles on all the kids and parents faces by doing this every year.

Drro

Bronze
Mar 22, 2006
Rob J - 6
Todd W - 2
Kevin M - 2
Rover - 1
Chris T - 2
Marco B - 2
Daniel G - 2
Citynights - 1
Steve NJ - 1
Drro - 1

Dafishguy

Bronze
Oct 30, 2007
Well folks, the party is really starting to shape up. A very good friend and fellow business owner here in Sosua has decided that seeing the kids smiles is worth bringing his whole team along for the ride. God bless you.

NYE is only 10 days away. If you can make it to our gathering, you will be helping a great cause as well as meeting some really great people.

A few of us are making another trip to Puerto Plata this morning to buy another carload of gifts. I love these days. :)

Take care, Merry Christmas and have a Happy 2012!

Rick

Rob J - 6
Todd W - 2
Kevin M - 2
Rover - 1
Chris T - 2
Marco B - 2
Daniel G - 2
Citynights - 1
Steve NJ - 1
Drro - 1
Kelly JJ - 11

Dafishguy

Bronze
Oct 30, 2007
Add frank's name to the list too Rick

You got it buddy!

Rob J - 6
Todd W - 2
Kevin M - 2
Rover - 1
Chris T - 2
Marco B - 2
Daniel G - 2
Citynights - 1
Steve NJ - 1
Drro - 1
Kelly JJ - 11
Frank - 1

Here are a few photos from yesterdays toy run to Puerto Plata. Thank you everyone who attended our Thanksgiving dinner and who have donated to us to purchase what we have so far. The tree is getting slowly buried in presents, just what we like to see. Soon, there will be many smiling faces of children here on the North Coast.

If you can join us for the run on NYE, please add your name to the list. It is really something special.

Take care,

Rick

2011-12-21140459.jpg

2011-12-21141021.jpg

2011-12-21141034.jpg

2011-12-21141118.jpg

dulce

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
Thank you for the pictures. It looks like the girls had a fun time shopping. I can't wait to see the kids happy faces when they see the presents.

Dafishguy

Bronze
Oct 30, 2007
Hi dulce,

No problem. We love to show everyone just what goes into the NYE preparations. Shopping for the presents is second only to actually giving them out. Once again, if you want to be part of this very special NYE event, please get your name on the list and help us make this years event another roaring success.

Thank you all,

Rick

Rob J - 6
Todd W - 2
Kevin M - 2
Rover - 1
Chris T - 2
Marco B - 2
Daniel G - 2
Citynights - 1
Steve NJ - 1
Drro - 1
Kelly JJ - 11
Frank - 1
Jesse J - 2

rover

Aug 19, 2007
Thank you for the pictures. It looks like the girls had a fun time shopping. I can't wait to see the kids happy faces when they see the presents.

LOL Never met a girl that didn't enjoy shopping :nervous:

pas

Jun 7, 2004
i just donated some money to this good couse the other day..
like i do every year...

i will not make it at the party around 1900....

butt will be there for the toy run around 2030 - 2100...

will be my first toy run...

Dafishguy

Bronze
Oct 30, 2007
Keep the names coming folks. We are filling up fast for the party. We will only allow a certain amount of people for space limitations so if you really want to experience this very special event, please get your name on the list fast. Less then a week now we will be having a fantastic NYE bash in Rocky's.

Merry Christmas to all and may 2012 bring you health and happiness.

Rick

Rob J - 6
Todd W - 2
Kevin M - 2
Rover - 1
Chris T - 2
Marco B - 2
Daniel G - 2
Citynights - 1
Steve NJ - 1
Drro - 1
Kelly JJ - 11
Frank - 1
Jesse J - 2
Riener G - 2

rover

Aug 19, 2007
Thank you Rick, Merry Christmas to you, Milka and everyone that works at Rocky's and I'll see you next week.

mike l

Silver
Sep 4, 2007
I was at Rocky's yesterday and the toys keep coming in as I look at how many are under the tree and the pile is growing ...good work everyone !

Dafishguy

Bronze
Oct 30, 2007
Adding another name to the list folks. Keep them coming.

Take care,

Rick

Rob J - 6
Todd W - 2
Kevin M - 2
Rover - 1
Chris T - 2
Marco B - 2
Daniel G - 2
Citynights - 1
Steve NJ - 1
Drro - 1
Kelly JJ - 11
Frank - 1
Jesse J - 2
Riener G - 2
Patrick P - 1

Drro

Bronze
Mar 22, 2006
Rick

Rob J - 6
Todd W - 2
Kevin M - 2
Rover - 1
Chris T - 2
Marco B - 2
Daniel G - 2
Citynights - 1
Steve NJ - 1
Drro - 1
Kelly JJ - 11
Frank - 1
Jesse J - 2
Riener G - 2
Patrick P - 1
Mike & Mary - 2

Dafishguy

Bronze
Oct 30, 2007
WOW, we are really geting excited now as are the people who are planning to attend. We will start gathering about 6 PM NYE, the dinner will be served at 7 PM. Once again, if you can join us for NYE, please add your name to the list. This is going to be GREAT!!!!!

Rob J - 6
Todd W - 2
Kevin M - 2
Rover - 1
Chris T - 2
Marco B - 2
Daniel G - 2
Citynights - 1
Steve NJ - 1
Drro - 1
Kelly JJ - 11
Frank - 1