Saludos from Afghanistan!

JERZYD3VIL

Dec 20, 2011
Hola everybody my name is Tony and this happens to be one of the only sites not blocked by the military here.. Best part about it is that I'm Dominican and trying very hard to research my roots as well as increase my spanish speaking which I have not used since a kid.. I am in the Army and deployed to Afghanistan, Wardak Province.. So please help me and feel free to write me and make a new friend.. So glad I came accross this site! :cool:

szkandi

Nov 9, 2011
Hello, I'm from Czech Republic and I read in several news... all US Army already left Afghanistan, so.. you're inhabitant of Afghanistan?

JERZYD3VIL

Dec 20, 2011
No the last bit of U.S troops are leaving Iraq now, my old unit just left as a matter of fact. As far as Afghanistan, we are still here hopefully we will pull out of this country within the next year or so. Czech Republic soldiers are also here with us for joint operations, we are training the Afghan Army to support their own.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Most welcome and let us know where to send "CARE" packages to make your life easier over there. I and many others appreciate what you are facing there. Be safe, if possible.

All the best (or as best as it can be)..

HB

Provider of good cigars to people who need them,,,hint hint

wuarhat

I am a out of touch hippie.
Nov 13, 2006
Welcome!

Hello Tony,

Ditto Bob Saunders. This would be a great place for some R&R. Feliz Navidad, tan feliz como posible, y prospero a?o nuevo. Are you a hockey fan? Where on the island is your family from? Now's the time to get back into the Spanish, before you surprise your self at how completely you can forget something you thought you had down cold.

Mr.smith

Mar 8, 2011
Tony I'm coming back to Afghan next week. Which FOB are you at? And SKY most proxies do not work. As a matter of fact you could get in some trouble if caught using a proxy.
Derfish Afghanistan is very complicated. If Pakistan got their act together we could of left some time ago, but they continue to allow the Taliban safe haven in their country. It seems like every time we caught someone he was from Pakistan. Very frustrating.

jackichan

Bronze
Jun 23, 2011
Hola everybody my name is Tony and this happens to be one of the only sites not blocked by the military here.. Best part about it is that I'm Dominican and trying very hard to research my roots as well as increase my spanish speaking which I have not used since a kid.. I am in the Army and deployed to Afghanistan, Wardak Province.. So please help me and feel free to write me and make a new friend.. So glad I came accross this site! :cool:

Welcome to dr1 read sum newbie rules n regulations and beware being blocked off by the dr1 'military' :)

dulce

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
Welcome to DR1 Tony
Thank you for your service to our country!
Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to you and all the men and women serving with you.
Hurry home!

Alyonka

Silver
Jun 3, 2006
Welcome to DR1 Tony
Thank you for your service to our country!
Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to you and all the men and women serving with you.
Hurry home!

I support that! Happy Holidays and best wishes to you and your friends there! Stay safe.

Taino808

Bronze
Oct 10, 2010
Welcome Tony, thanks for your service, be very careful out there. Hurry back so you can have some R&R at your home away from home, the DR. Wish you the best of luck from Santiago.

Mar 1, 2009
Dimelo, TONY!!! So you representing DR up in the hindukush? Cuidate por alla mi hijo. Si tu quiere saber mas de tu gente escribeme y podemos hablar.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
"Jerzy",thank you for your service.There seem to be quite a few "American/Dominicans" serving their country in the military.
There are more than a few "VETS" here on DR1.
We have,"Been There,Done That",all over the globe.
From those who "KNOW",we salute you,and all the others who don't complane,but serve!
Cris Colon

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Hook up with Mr. Smith...he knows the DR and he needs to practice is Spanish.
Santiago est? a sus ?rdenes, mi hijo. Cu?date y regrese sano y salvo.
Que Dios te bendiga..

HB

TStroman3

Sep 11, 2011
Happy Holiday's Tony-
You are right, Afghanistan is very complicated. My son served 2 tours there as well as 1 in Iraq. He shared so many pictures and I know what a difficult part of the world it is to live. I too, thank you for your service and wish you much luck. Stay warm, be safe and make it home very soon! Wow- did that sound like a Mother or what, lol!

Nov 25, 2008
Tony, just a thank you for keeping out country safe, I know you don't too much of it their but we appreciate the sacrifice you are doing for all of us.
God Speed