Cosmotology License Requirements in DR

questbox

Dec 20, 2011
I am trying to help a friend who completed school in DR at the Nacidit International Academy. She has her Certificate from there. My question is this...In the United States, after we complete school and receive our cretificate, we are required to take and pass an examination with the State Board in order to a license. Is that the same requirement in DR? Is a state exam required after completing the school course work? If so, can someone give me information on how to contact that governing body?

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Nope, no license, board or exam required. Anyone can call themselves and be a Cosmetologist in the DR.

questbox

Dec 20, 2011
That is what she tried to explain, but the state of board in Georgia said that there is are some exam grades that she needs to provide. She has provided her exam grades from the school she received her certification from and a copy of her notarized grades. I don't know what it is that they want.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
She may have to pass the tests in Georgia in order to be licensed to work there. That's if they accept the grades from DR.

I know here in NJ several salons have been opened by Dominicans who 'rent' the license of another Dominican to hang on the wall.

belmont

Bronze
Oct 9, 2009
That is what she tried to explain, but the state of board in Georgia said that there is are some exam grades that she needs to provide. She has provided her exam grades from the school she received her certification from and a copy of her notarized grades. I don't know what it is that they want.
Is she trying to get licensed in Georgia based on her training in the DR???????

TStroman3

Sep 11, 2011
Send me a PM and I will be happy to help you. I work with 100+ Cosmetology schools across the US.