Naturalization questions

Big_Poppi2

Mar 30, 2008
Aguilas Cibae?as
www.facebook.com
Okay, I have posted this in several other topics and not been able to find the replies and not really gotten any replies. My situation is complex and let me explain. My mother is black and from the United States. My father, who I know to be my father from dna test and other things, from my mother's personally telling me and spending time with him, is from the Dominican Republic. I always had a hard time trying to find out how to gain citizenship in the Dominican Republic since every since I was small I always wanted to do that, even after visiting some relatives in the Dominican Republic. My mother, father and his family, and I have long lost communication and my mother was married to someone else at the time I was born and that person's name is on my birth Certificate, even they are not my biological father. Now the situation for me is even more complex because I have two small kids and want them to be able to claim their Dominican heritage. Is there anyway, short of us moving and assimilating to the Dominican Republic, to get that either natural or otherwise citizenship or is that our only choice, and then from what I know, they still wouldn't be able to vote? I would really appreciate any help that anyone can offer me on this one and I hope that I could find the replies now since I am really sure where I am posting this this time. Or email me at onetowait4@yahoo.com Thanks for you time and consideration, take care, God bless
Biggs

Ezequiel

Bronze
Jun 4, 2008
Okay, I have posted this in several other topics and not been able to find the replies and not really gotten any replies. My situation is complex and let me explain. My mother is black and from the United States. My father, who I know to be my father from dna test and other things, from my mother's personally telling me and spending time with him, is from the Dominican Republic. I always had a hard time trying to find out how to gain citizenship in the Dominican Republic since every since I was small I always wanted to do that, even after visiting some relatives in the Dominican Republic. My mother, father and his family, and I have long lost communication and my mother was married to someone else at the time I was born and that person's name is on my birth Certificate, even they are not my biological father. Now the situation for me is even more complex because I have two small kids and want them to be able to claim their Dominican heritage. Is there anyway, short of us moving and assimilating to the Dominican Republic, to get that either natural or otherwise citizenship or is that our only choice, and then from what I know, they still wouldn't be able to vote? I would really appreciate any help that anyone can offer me on this one and I hope that I could find the replies now since I am really sure where I am posting this this time. Or email me at onetowait4@yahoo.com Thanks for you time and consideration, take care, God bless
Biggs

The first thing you need to do is to amend your birth certificate to show your real father's name, after that you just need to find your real father birth certificate and "Cedula". After you have done all that ask the question again, there need to be a legal link between you and the DR which you don't have now.