Hello from a new member:

DOC1727

Aug 30, 2011
I am a new member and wanted to say hello to all. I am new to this forum but lived in the Dominican Republic from 1990-1996 mainly in san pedro macoris. I graduated from la UCE and was also involved in business in the Dominican Republic during that time which was mainly a balguer controlled goverment and overall everything went well for me untill I departed to florida. Then to honduras and now colombia. My principal main homebase is still florida and wanted to do some catching up again with the DR current situations and might travel again in the near future, maybe even see the possibility of doing some business again in the DR. Especialy now that the us sucks right now for doing buisiness and also to go visit friends in the DR. So for now hello to all and I will start to see and learn how much this country has changed since I left in 1996. All that I hear is that their is more crime and violence and it's more developed and modern. If someone that has lived in the DR since 1996 can please give me some advise or insight and tell me how it has changed for the worst or for the better would be greatly be appreciated.

Last edited:

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Been visiting here since 1986,moved here permanently in 1995.
Remember,when the USA gets a "Cold",the DR gets Pneumonia!
Economic conditions here are "Not Good" right now,to say the least.
While the DR used to be mostly a site to trans-ship drugs to Europe and North America,now there is a huge drug consumption problem here as well.You can read about this,and other topics in the DR,at(diariolibre.com) then click on "Virtual".
I used to "Party" here in Santo Domingo until the sun came up.NOT NOW!
I don't go out after dark much anymore.Partly due to my age,mostly due to the "Crime In The Streets"!
Now you will get those DR1ers who have either an "Agenda",or don't know what they are talking about,or will say "It's worse in "Where ever".I live,and raise a family Here,and Now.
Read "Diario Libre",then judge for yourself!
Cris Colon,CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC
And "Bien Venido"

johnny

Bronze
Feb 8, 2003
hausenland.com
Santo Domngo is great. Its called, Manhattan chiquito, Miami of the caribbean with South beach included at just 40mins. or because of our economic and cleanliness We are also called La Suiza del Caribe. you get this pic. if you read Pichardo Posts.
Then you read DonP posts and you?ll have un Puerto Principe grande.

DOC1727

Aug 30, 2011
Thanks all for your responses and warm welcome. I am looking forward to start to learn again more about the DR and participate as a newbie on this form.

SKing

Silver
Nov 22, 2007
Welcome. I like you already, I'm a great judge of character (half of the time!)

SHALENA

Taino808

Bronze
Oct 10, 2010
Bienvenido DOC, all I could say is things are not as bad as some would paint it on this forum. This is my personal opinion, and I don't have a hidden agenda.

Doc T

Dec 21, 2011
It ain't THAT bad, but it's bad. La delincuencia hace de la suya mas que nunca and the colmaderos are running prices up, since the gas holders are doing the same. Prices on everything are up. I'm a capitaleno so that's just my side.

Hemmingway is the go-to beach, but Boca Chica is cleaner than ever if you decide on hitting it up. Playa Caribe is a great spot, too, but not after it rains.

I'm also a newbie. Awesome choice of name, btw.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Hemmingway is the go-to beach, but Boca Chica is cleaner than ever if you decide on hitting it up. Playa Caribe is a great spot, too, but not after it rains.

Where is Hemmingway beach?? I've never heard of that one. Playa Caribe/Embassy Beach has always been a favorite of ours.