Dominican Cupid

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reasonable Man

Dec 23, 2011
Hey all, I've been lurking the forums for quite some time and decided to finally post. I don't think this is the best way to introduce myself but what the heck. A little background information about myself:

I'm a 21 year old college student from New York. I'm from two Dominican parents, speak fluent Spanish and have visited the Dominican Republic (specifically Santo Domingo) over 20 times in my life. Since I've been 15 years old I've been going to the DR own my own and either staying with family, or in an apartment my parents own. So I like to think I have some semblance of Dominican culture/ way of life and sort of know my way around the Dominican Republic as most of my trips have been for at least two months some even being as long as 4 months.

I've never had a problem meeting girls. I've done well in meeting Dominican girls without having to pay for it outside of buying dinner, and a couple of drinks. So my question really isn't how one must meet Dominican girls as that's not really an issue of mine. My question is how reliable is a site like Dominican Cupid in terms of meeting girls who are just interested in a summer fling? I know this may seem like a silly question but I've never used a dating site and heard about this site. I know some people may ask why in the world why I need such a site if I have no problem meeting girls, well my answer to that is simply speed/quantity. I'm a 21 year old guy and it isn't odd that one thing on my mind is hooking up. I'm young now and really want to enjoy life while I can. From my past personal trips to the DR it takes a bit of time, to court a girl get to know her before things start to "heat up". I figured with a site like Dominican Cupid the courting is done pre-trip, and I can line up several meetings with girls without having to have to go out and pick them up. Obviously I sound like an amazing jerk, and I'm fully aware of that but my defense is I'm a young guy.

I understand this site if full of girls who want you to buy them phone cards, send them money for the hair salon, pay for their "sick kids" visit to the doctor. As this isn't my first rodeo with a Domnican girl, my only interest in the site is arranging hook ups if you will. I'd hate to sign up for the site, and then just meet up a bunch of girls with no interest in actually meeting up, who are more interested in bleeding me dry over the internet for as long as possible. I've never paid for a prostitute so why in the world would I start now? I've gotten Dominican tail before so I don't have to be warned about falling in love, or having a kid (why in the world why I have unprotected sex with a girl I barely know, I don't think a kid should be my worry as much as an STD so that's a no-no for me anyways)

I understand this is a really long post full of reasons to be flamed, and such, but it's a legitimate question I have. I'd just like to know how reliable the site is in terms of meeting people.

ExtremeR

Silver
Mar 22, 2006
Do you have friends in the DR? If so forget about the site, they will hook you up real quick.

Reasonable Man

Dec 23, 2011
Do you have friends in the DR? If so forget about the site, they will hook you up real quick.

I'll be honest I've gone through the road, and my friends have "peculiar" taste in women. To each his own, but some of the chicks they've had meet with me are not the best looking girls, or it's always been the case that the girl is a decent girl, from a decent family looking for some sort of stable relationship. I'm not really in the business of trying to build some sort of bond with these girls.

ExtremeR

Silver
Mar 22, 2006
I'll be honest I've gone through the road, and my friends have "peculiar" taste in women. To each his own, but some of the chicks they've had meet with me are not the best looking girls, or it's always been the case that the girl is a decent girl, from a decent family looking for some sort of stable relationship. I'm not really in the business of trying to build some sort of bond with these girls.

The girls from the dating sites are worse looking and only looking for money, if you want to hook up nicely Badoo is the site for you, forget about Dominican Cupids manin...

Reasonable Man

Dec 23, 2011
The girls from the dating sites are worse looking and only looking for money, if you want to hook up nicely Badoo is the site for you, forget about Dominican Cupids manin...

Thanks, I actually haven't checked the site out yet as I thought this place would be the right place to ask before moving forward.

zzbull

Oct 22, 2011
I have had success

I have used thi ssite. You will have no problem hooking up. They will ask you to buy them a few things. I just take them shopping and we pick out an outfit or two that we both think she looks sexy in. Then we enjoy ourselves for the rest of my visit.

jrhartley

Gold
Sep 10, 2008
so you are looking for someone that only wants you for sex and doesnt want a relationship or money and wont be bothered if they dont see you again after the allotted time is up hmm .

basically looking for someone with less morals than a prostitute but wont ask for anything

May 12, 2005
Forget about those sites. You speak Spanish and know the country. Just venture out on your own. You will do fine.

jrhartley

Gold
Sep 10, 2008
i thought this sort of thing was frowned on by dr1 or is it only older men looking for sex

CaptnGlenn

Silver
Mar 29, 2010
so you are looking for someone that only wants you for sex and doesnt want a relationship or money and wont be bothered if they dont see you again after the allotted time is up hmm .

basically looking for someone with less morals than a prostitute but wont ask for anything

That is the textbook definition of .... A GUY!!!! LOL VERY few women could fit that description.

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Sounds more like he is promoting the site he mentioned which is the title of this thread. Very creative.

greydread

Platinum
Jan 3, 2007

He's 21. For the love of Pete let the young Man BE a young Man.

He'll have plenty of time for suffering later in life.

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/hjy8HqrcYys?version=3&feature=player_detailpage"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/hjy8HqrcYys?version=3&feature=player_detailpage" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="360"></object>

La Rubia

Bronze
Jan 1, 2010
I'm a 21 year old college student from New York. I'm from two Dominican parents, speak fluent Spanish and have visited the Dominican Republic (specifically Santo Domingo) over 20 times in my life. Since I've been 15 years old I've been going to the DR own my own and either staying with family, or in an apartment my parents own. So I like to think I have some semblance of Dominican culture/ way of life and sort of know my way around the Dominican Republic as most of my trips have been for at least two months some even being as long as 4 months.

I've never had a problem meeting girls. I've done well in meeting Dominican girls without having to pay for it outside of buying dinner, and a couple of drinks. So my question really isn't how one must meet Dominican girls as that's not really an issue of mine.

So I see your problem as needing to get away from family, because when you stay with family or in the apartment the family is watching and doesn't approve of this sort of thing. They are cramping your style.

Same thing with your friend's choice in "hook-ups"--really annoying that they want you to meet good girls from good families! Certainly stay away from those friends till you are older and ready for that sort of thing.

So get away from the Dominican experience you know so well, and become a tourist in your own country. Better yet, bring a non-Spanish speaking gringo friend with you, they attract what you are looking for like experts!

Ohh, to be your age, with your problem!!

Enjoy!!

La Rubia

Bronze
Jan 1, 2010
He's 21. For the love of Pete let the young Man BE a young Man.

He'll have plenty of time for suffering later in life.

Can't see the video, but agree with you.

As a mother of a son, the most reassuring thing he said is he's using protection. And if his essays in school are as well thought out as his post, he's probably doing well. Deserves his fun while he's young and in school.

greydread

Platinum
Jan 3, 2007
Can't see the video, but agree with you.

As a mother of a son, the most reassuring thing he said is he's using protection. And if his essays in school are as well thought out as his post, he's probably doing well. Deserves his fun while he's young and in school.

Sorry. Here's another source. You're a good Mom, I can tell. We have to trust our kids to trust our advice at some point.

Smokey Robinson & The Miracles - Shop Around

rsg

Bronze
Oct 21, 2008
I don't see what is wrong with reasonable man meeting a few women to hang out with..He does not live in the DR and it is probably easier for him to sort out the good and bad before coming down. He is not looking for a bride so what does he have to lose?

And how funny how the DR1'ERS that married a dominicana condemm meeting women on a dating site when they did that themselves for many years..:ermm:

jrhartley

Gold
Sep 10, 2008
no-one condemned it , I just didnt think dr1 supported it, usually shut down quickly when some old dude asks where are the best bars to meet women

Status
Not open for further replies.