why is some people on this forum so negative

Status
Not open for further replies.

bizzyboneizo

Aug 31, 2010
i posted basic questions twice and there is always some smart comment im thinking are these people depressed or do they dislike the way they are

GinzaGringo

Sep 29, 2010
I too have noticed and wondered the same thing, Bizzy. My theory is that what we are dealing with are some deeply unhappy people. I have found that many of the people on this list project their own shortcomings and hangups on anyone they can, anonymously.

I do not want to block any of them though because I enjoy sparring with all of the miserable know-it-alls that can be found within these pages.

you are right im going to start blocking them now

Preston

Nov 13, 2011
Is it really negativity or simply disagreements? I don't always agree with what others may say, but there is a lot to be gained from differing points of view. To ignore them goes too far.

keepcoming

Moderator - Living & General Stuff
May 25, 2011
I think because a good majority of those on this board have been here for quite awhile, so sometimes the attitude will be more of a " been there, done that " attitude. I believe though most here just want to help people through their own trial and errors. May not seem like that but between the lines that is the way it was meant.

bizzyboneizo

Aug 31, 2010
thats true but to say something you would not say in person kills me. at least ask me whats my attentions first then you can talk the way you want. seems like life past these people by

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
I think because a good majority of those on this board have been here for quite awhile, so sometimes the attitude will be more of a " been there, done that " attitude. I believe though most here just want to help people through their own trial and errors. May not seem like that but between the lines that is the way it was meant.

Just because many of us have been on the board a long time and have seen most questions at least as few times doesn't mean we are negative.

I know what the OP is talking about and don't think some of the responses are good for the board, but it is what it is. Fortunately there are not many. I believe there are some who think it makes them look "smart" or "witty" or even like an old timer on the board if they give some of those responses. But if you check the data re the poster in the box to the left of the text I think you will find that most have not been on the board a long time or posted a great many times.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Today is Christmas...so Merry Christmas. I will tell you that I went back and read a couple of your posts, and you come across like a cheapskate, young person looking to hookup with some girl that you found on the Internet, but don't want to spend any money while "doing" her...

Sorry, I can see why a lot of persons might have made nasty comments. You probably deserved them.

Look. You want to come here and screw the women? Fine, no problem. Just don't ask us to finance the trip.

Now I will tell you something. YOu are a prime target for ending up in a cane field with your nuts cut off and your wiener stuck into your mouth. ..... Alone, ignorant, looking for strange women in one of the cesspools of the DR??? And cheap on the side? Seems to me, (and I would welcome contrary comments) that this is a wreck waiting to happen.

Nothing hidden in my remarks.

HB

rice&beans

Silver
May 16, 2010
Today is Christmas...so Merry Christmas. I will tell you that I went back and read a couple of your posts, and you come across like a cheapskate, young person looking to hookup with some girl that you found on the Internet, but don't want to spend any money while "doing" her...

Sorry, I can see why a lot of persons might have made nasty comments. You probably deserved them.

Look. You want to come here and screw the women? Fine, no problem. Just don't ask us to finance the trip.

Now I will tell you something. YOu are a prime target for ending up in a cane field with your nuts cut off and your wiener stuck into your mouth. ..... Alone, ignorant, looking for strange women in one of the cesspools of the DR??? And cheap on the side? Seems to me, (and I would welcome contrary comments) that this is a wreck waiting to happen.

Nothing hidden in my remarks.

HB

SPREADING THE JOY.....I like it!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Clear, concise, to the point, ACCURATE.....

Awesome post, I'm a little jealous you wrote that and not me, when I'm in Santiago, if I ever have the pleasure of meeting you....

PRESIDENTES ON ME......

BANDWAGON JUMPER

La Rubia

Bronze
Jan 1, 2010
You Just Can't Find Such Good Advice Anywhere Else!

HB

To someone whose never been to the DR this may seem mean and out of line, to someone who has it seems like a realistic possibility. The DR isn't all fun and games and people do get hurt.

OMG, Hillbilly you certainly are in fine form! Tough love at it's finest, truly, my hats off to you!

Merry Christmas!!

CaptnGlenn

Silver
Mar 29, 2010
the reason???? the reason is that THIS IS THE INTERNET... same in this forum as in hundreds ... no... THOUSANDS of others. if you put it all out there for the world to see and comment on... what do you expect???

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Let's face it, if you walked into a room full of strangers from all walks of life, would you ask them those same questions?

donP

Dec 14, 2008
Cheap ISOC

...I went back and read a couple of your posts, and you come across like a cheapskate, young person looking to hookup with some girl that you found on the Internet, but don't want to spend any money while "doing" her...

I read all of his posts... :tired:
and am of the opinion that he is a typical ISOC-hopper.

donP

bachata

Aprendiz de todo profesional de nada
Aug 18, 2007
All I can say is... I am not a $ 100.00 Dollars note, so I clearly understand that many of you guys won't like me....

Same way I don't like some people and what they say!

JJ

Givadogahome

Silver
Sep 27, 2011
I agree with the OP, regardless of past posts, you need to walk away from this board to remember where you are, some of the arrogant and negative posts by some can make you forget sometimes, life doesn't need to be as complicated as some make out.

Status
Not open for further replies.