Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Deep Sea Fishing Trip - Puerto Plata

Post Thanks / Like

Default Deep Sea Fishing Trip - Puerto Plata

I'm going on vacation to Puerto Plata Jan 1st - 8th and would love to go Deep Sea Fishing while I'm there! Does anybody have any recommendations? Have you been on a charter with a good operator that you can vouch for? I'd like to go out on a good sized boat, not a rinky dinky thing that will bounce all over the place! Aside from that im not too fussy . An English speaking guide with high quality equipment would be nice though! We're only two people and can't afford to charter the entire boat for half day but were willing to pay $80-$100 a person for the right boat. Thx in advance for the responses! Any insight is much appreciated!

Paul

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

there are charter boats working out of ocean world in cofresi,where are you located

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Check out NJOY TOURS DOMINICAN REPUBLIC HOME PAGE

I have taken this tour myself and I am very pleased with it, highly skilled captain, very good host (English speaking), all by all a very nice day on the water with some nice catches.

You can charter the boat privately also and we are thinking of doing that with some friends to have a whole day fishing on the sea.

Acira
    Last edited by Acira; 12-26-2011 at 05:51 AM.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Some people we know just went fishing off the north coast. The waves were huge and they were very sea sick, so keep that in mind if you are prone to motion sickness.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by windeguy View Post
    Some people we know just went fishing off the north coast. The waves were huge and they were very sea sick, so keep that in mind if you are prone to motion sickness.
    This time of year waves off the North Coast are often good size due to the strong weather fronts that are moving across the US.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

I'd recommend contacting MikeFisher. He will know who to contact in your area and what to expect. If I'm not mistaken, he runs a fishing charter.

And now that I think about it, that sounds like a great idea for this week. I think I'll contact him myself.

8. Likes Randy T liked this post
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

This outfit runs outta Punta Cana but they probably have the coolest fishing boat in the DR

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by oldschool View Post
    This outfit runs outta Punta Cana but they probably have the coolest fishing boat in the DR
    The web site says they are in Rio San Juan on the North Coast (not Punta Cana).

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by windeguy View Post
    The web site says they are in Rio San Juan on the North Coast (not Punta Cana).
    It looks like your right but I was on a fishing boat with the exact same name and color scheme at Punta Cana Beach Resort so maybe it's the same company that does business in both areas but I will say the boat they had at Punta Cana Beach Resort kicked ass it was a catamaran style boat around 36ft according to the captain, supercool the fishing was ok caught a few Doradas

O.S.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast