Finding the @ key on a Dell Inspiron N5030 spanish keyboard

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Try changing the Language to United States-International. That put's the keyboard the way it is supposed to be.

HB

bachata

Aprendiz de todo profesional de nada
Aug 18, 2007
Go to control panel and click on Key board this will give you the option to set it up the correct way... American English.

JJ

La Profe_1

Moderator: Daily Headline News, Travel & Tourism
Oct 15, 2003
I use a Spanish language Dell in my office. Hit Control, Alt and the Q key. That should produce the @ symbol. If you are doing a Word document, you can use "Insert Symbol" under the Insert file and choose it from the list that will appear when you click on Insert, Insert Symbol.

Hope this helps!

bachata

Aug 18, 2007
its my novia s computer
Click my computer/ control panel and set up Spanish keyboard...It should work.

Depending in the OS you are using, I try using win 7 and I don't see the option to do any change.

JJ

Last edited:

bachata

Aug 18, 2007
I will have to install a Spanish keyboard in my computer, when I am typing on FB in panish I have issues with some of the letters the English lenguage is missing LOL...

You can swicht your computer from one to the other all you need to do is to go on comp. magnaments/ administrative tools/ divice mannager and.... this a little bit more complicated for complicateds minds.

haha

JJ

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
To the right of the "Space Bar" there may be a key called: "Alt Gr".
Hold down that key and then press the "Q" key.

The "Alt Gr" key is used to enter any of the symbols on the keyboard that are shown on the right side of the key.
At least that is the way it is on my Compaq Spanish Keyboard.
Which I am currently not using anymore.

Don

Opsss, I see we basically posted at the same time.........

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
I tried typing alt 64 it did not work . Isee the @ symbol is on the Q key.

In order to use the 256 hex codes, you must use the "Numeric Key Pad" (0-9) to enter the codes, not the normal 0-9 keys at the top of the keyboard.

For example: "@" would be - Hold the "alt" key and then press "6" followed by "4" using the NUMERIC KEY PAD, then release the "Alt" key.

Took me a while to find out that it must be the "Numeric Key Pad" for the 0-9 keys.

Don

dropshort

May 18, 2008
Referree

I have a SONY bought in Sto Dgo. The only suggestions for @ that work are "Alt Dr" 2 and Alt (num) IP (64).
^ is also a puzzle. but I found it using the shot gun approach. shift 2 is " as the marking on the key suggest

DS

KateP

Silver
May 28, 2004
Go to control panel and click on Key board this will give you the option to set it up the correct way... American English.

JJ

And then using Alt then Shift you can switch your keyboard between one language and the other without having to go to the control panel.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Have you tried to install United States English-International on your keyboard.??? It must be there. Just click on Start-Control Panel-keyboard-language-English-United States-International + apply+ OK

Then when you need the @ sign it should work...However, I do not know this model Dell so I could be way off.

HB

Syork

Sep 5, 2004
@ key on dell keyboard

Press down the Alt Gr key at the bottom of the keyboard. Keep it down and hit the @ button- works every time!