Bus to Samana questions

macaw650

Dec 27, 2011
I have checked a lot of threads but I was wondering if someone could answer some very direct detailed questions on the Caribe Tours bus.

I am getting into SDQ at 2 pm. I understand there is a stop NEAR the airport now where the bus to Samana can pick you up without having to go into downtown Santo Domingo. Is this correct? How does one get to this stop - can one take a taxi at the airport to this stop and does the taxi drivers know where it is - where do you ask them to go to?

I think I saw there was a 4 pm bus to Samana - is this correct? Does it stop at this stop near the airport?

Will I be able to make the 4 pm bus to Samana?

How do I buy tickets? Can I buy at this stop or on the bus or online?

Any help would be appreciated!!!!!!!!!!!

JMB773

Silver
Nov 4, 2011
Just tell the guy outside the airport, and he will know exactly where you want to go. The bus stop is about maybe 10 mins from the airport, once you get there it is Caribe Tours and the smaller guaguas that stop there. If the smaller bus arrives first I would take that one because they run more frequently then Caribe Tours. Just ask the person behind the counter or have your taxi ask for you. I think the fare is around 250RD were you are going to be, because it is 280 from Duarte next Plaza Lama to Samana. Don't worry your good just tell the taxi. BTW the sell snacks at the stop so don't buy ANYTHING at the airport.

macaw650

Dec 27, 2011
Thank you - so it sounds like the taxi I take from the airport should be able to take me to the new bus stop that is 10 mins from the airport and will know where to go. And thank you about the notes on the smaller bus and the snacks!!!!!!!!!

Can I buy my ticket at this stop?

JMB773

Silver
Nov 4, 2011
Once you are on the bus like a 40 mins into the ride a guy will come around to collect the fare. The stop is right off the highway you will see a sign to Samana, but don't worry the taxi knows where to go. I would take the smaller bus, I willing to bet you 2 buses arrive before Caribe Tours and they run the AC on PENGUIN super cold, also Caribe Tours cost more. When you arrive at the stop just ask the guy behind the counter he will know when the next bus is due to arrive. I hope you enjoy your trip and HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

macaw650

Dec 27, 2011
Thank you so much for all your help! I am actually printing this out and taking this with me. You have helped tremendously - I can not wait to get there :) 10 days and counting...

Bahoruco

Jun 24, 2011
Departures Caribe Tours in Sto Dgo

Here you have the departure times of Caribe Tours buses in Santo Domingo.
Add around 30 mins for the stop on the Highway mentioned in earlier threads.
Price from Sto Dgo itself is 320 DOP.
Bus stops at crossroad to Las Terrenas (where you can collect a minibus to Las Terreanas) and in Santa Barbara de Samana (where you can collect on the market a minibus to Las Galleras).