Wrong numbers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Givadogahome

Silver
Sep 27, 2011
Can people tell me if you get an unusual amount of wrong numbers, empty calls have gone up recently, answer the phone and silence on the other end, I'm now wondering if these are silly prank calls with a wrong number or genuine ghost calls.

Givadogahome

Silver
Sep 27, 2011
Yes it matters, if someone is deliberately making prank calls to my house then I would like to know why, and if this is something that most suffer THEN it doesn't matter so much!

Can posts/replies get any less helpful than 'Does it really matter'?

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
Claro seems to have a problem connecting calls.

Many times after you answer a call, it takes a few seconds before you are actually connected to the calling party. It's very annoying!

It takes a few "Hello, Hello, Hello's" before you get a 2-way communication.

My theory on wrong numbers is that they by habit dial "809" instead of the correct area code.
Same goes for 829 and 849.

Another reason for silence on the line is because they don't recognize your voice and would rather be rude and say nothing, then they will hang-up on you, for as you know they will never admit they made a mistake.

Don

Last edited:

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Does ir really,"REALLY" matter???????????????????????
I mean in a "Cosmic" sense.
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

whirleybird

Silver
Feb 27, 2006
Yes it matters, if someone is deliberately making prank calls to my house then I would like to know why, and if this is something that most suffer THEN it doesn't matter so much!

Can posts/replies get any less helpful than 'Does it really matter'?

You made no mention in your original post that these calls were to a landline.... some of us don't enjoy the pleasure of cable stuff as we live in the 'campo' and are lucky if we even get a mobile signal sometimes.

I never wish to be unhelpful but, if that is the way you see it, then so be it!!!

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
landline? i normally pick up home phone with: "funeraria blandino, buenos dias". just this is enough to have a caller hang up. but shoudl they insist on forcing me into coversation i speak polish only. i have no interest in people calling me. the phone is there for me to make calls if i have to, not for all sort of folks to bother me...

I find it very frustrating when all these "silent calls" and not to forget the "wrong number" keep calling our home, For me it is normal behaviour in the RD to disconnect our phone when i dont need to make a call, because i have grown tired of such calls the OP talks about here.
Sometimes it is more then 10 different braindead calls a day, so it is better for my bloodpressure to just connect the landline when i wish to call- my wife dont understand my gringo frustration...

Squat

Tropical geek in Las Terrenas
Jan 1, 2002
Do you have a Dominican girlfriend/wife ?
Sometimes when a male-friend of her calls, he will hang up when hearing another male voice... Regardless of the circumstances (having an affair or not...)

Celt202

Gold
May 22, 2004
When I get a wrong number sometimes they start with "Quien me habla" If that's how it starts I respond "Quien ME habla".

Sometimes it goes around in circles. If they keep it up I ask "Con quien quiere hablar?"

That's a tough one. After a fencing bout they usually can't answer that.

Status
Not open for further replies.