Driving out of SD to nagua town over new year's

jackichan

Bronze
Jun 23, 2011
I don't know much about nagua (apart from the recent case of 95boat people taking off to puerto rico) so we have decided to give it a trial. Are there interesting activities/ hangout places around the area for young folks mid-twenties? We signed up for danilo's campaign motorcade running up north just for the fun of it. Any advice, warnings/ ideas are highly welcome.

donP

Dec 14, 2008
Nagua Girls

Are there no dr1ers living in nagua area?? wow

We live not too far from it.
For me the best of Nagua are the roads leading out of it, homeward.
There is not much entertainment there, it is a provincial town where people from the campo shop at two decent Supermarkets (Tangui, Aponte) and the town market.
There was a good eating place where we always had lunch (Am?rica), it closed.

They say Nagua girls are one of the best.
How would I know...? :(

donP

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Chen's restaurant on your left heading out of Nagua towards the new hwy for fresh seafood. For girls El Factor, about 10KM out of Nagua.

jackichan

Bronze
Jun 23, 2011
Thanks Don. I was under the impression its a small walk beach town with almost everything within arm's reach. You mentioned the roads leading out it, are there nearby towns with cool hang-out spots?? Im gonna tell ya about the girls when i get there ;)

donP

Dec 14, 2008
Serante's Restaurant

Chen's restaurant on your left heading out of Nagua towards the new hwy for fresh seafood.
That's in Matancita, isn't it?
Now I remember there is also a restaurant just after you pass the bridge on the way out towards the east.
An Italian couple used to be there, never managed to stop there for lunch.
Will check it out next time...

donP

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Its pretty rural, in my opinion.

There are nice looking girls b/c there is a university there, I think.

I just squint my eyes and drive through so I haven't seen any action spots.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Here's a clue.
It is very difficult to find swimming pool supplies in Nagua - chlorine, etc.

Does that say anything about the local lifestyle ?

On the other hand, anything agricultural is readily available.

jackichan

Bronze
Jun 23, 2011
Here are my thoughts having spent the entire weekend in the small town. We left SD on the caribe tours (our car developed some mechanic problems) saturday morning,, it cost 320pesos. It took us roughly 2hrs on the dangerous/ curvy highway - the driver kept speeding even after going past an accident. Everyone in the town was happy smiling and friendly we had a guy come out of the crowd and in minutes got us into a taxi. We drove off 2miles out of nagua to a dominican neighborhood (not ghetto) next to a cabana. They all seemed to know each other the first person we asked pointed us to the right property and in minutes we went to the beach across the road. I got to say beaches in nagua are awesome., they long stretched lined with tall beautiful palm trees. And compared to other beaches we never had a bunch of vendors pressing on us into buying crap. Later into the evening we went out to a colmado nextdoor and ushered in the new year with the locals. When the clock ticked 12 the whole neighborhood bust into shouts we had around ten people come out and hug/ dance with us.

Sadly not many girls were in town so i can't tell much about it.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Yes, JackieChan, the beaches are wonderful. That barrio you went to 2 miles out of town, That was back towards Samana right?

Really good roadside food and the beach is across the street.
Glad you liked it.
Too bad about the girls.

Agreed, CaribeTours are deadly. All of us on the north coast pull over when we see them coming.
They drive right in the middle of the road at breakneck speed.

whiddons

Dec 19, 2010
JackieChan, I am in Hotel Sinai in Nagua writing this...Spent two days in Nagua 31st through today, am heading back today. You missed all the girls because they were all in Nagua centro in the park area. It was quite good, even though I enjoyed last night more than New Years eve (It was just a little too congested new years eve, last night was just right with a great mixture of families and singles) Sorry I didn't see your post earlier to give my opinion (I've been here multiple times).
I do intend to post a review of the hotel here if I get some time and if it hasn't been done before.
Happy new year!

jackichan

Bronze
Jun 23, 2011
Yes, JackieChan, the beaches are wonderful. That barrio you went to 2 miles out of town, That was back towards Samana right?

Really good roadside food and the beach is across the street.
Glad you liked it.
Too bad about the girls.

Agreed, CaribeTours are deadly. All of us on the north coast pull over when we see them coming.
They drive right in the middle of the road at breakneck speed.

The property is two miles out of town towards samana seperated by two bridges one with a big blue sign. Yes i agree about the poor driving habits matter of fact that would be the only downside. Hope next time we going to get them chicas LOL

jackichan

Bronze
Jun 23, 2011
JackieChan, I am in Hotel Sinai in Nagua writing this...Spent two days in Nagua 31st through today, am heading back today. You missed all the girls because they were all in Nagua centro in the park area. It was quite good, even though I enjoyed last night more than New Years eve (It was just a little too congested new years eve, last night was just right with a great mixture of families and singles) Sorry I didn't see your post earlier to give my opinion (I've been here multiple times).
I do intend to post a review of the hotel here if I get some time and if it hasn't been done before.
Happy new year!

Yeah i guess they had come out to the town center. I would like to know is there a Nagua Malacon-type boulervard like in SD STI and other major towns??

ssarkas

Oct 9, 2007
nagua and matancitas, a village on outskirts, are good places to visit. i have had property in matancitas for years and love it there. i believe its the safest plase on the island. beaches are cleaner than in the past, new highways to sdq and samana, girls and people by the busload every weekend and holiday from all over country. a few tourist also. cheap sea food everywhere. in near future more people will come to enjoy it. go to francias to eat.

Mr_DR

Silver
May 12, 2002
Nagua is pretttttty.
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/KJdC13Mqj9M" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

jackichan

Bronze
Jun 23, 2011
nagua and matancitas, a village on outskirts, are good places to visit. i have had property in matancitas for years and love it there. i believe its the safest plase on the island. beaches are cleaner than in the past, new highways to sdq and samana, girls and people by the busload every weekend and holiday from all over country. a few tourist also. cheap sea food everywhere. in near future more people will come to enjoy it. go to francias to eat.

Is it expensive to buy land/ properties in the area?? The north coast of sosua, pop & cabarete is highly over-valued and populated. Nagua is just 2hours from the capital and scarcely populated so i guess it has a promising future