Aug 18, 2007
This is what 2011 gave me:

1)I got a great job working for the City of Raleigh
2)Received my forklift heavy duty operator certifications
3)Passed the exam for the CDL Commercial drivers license
4)Have received much training and knowledge in the Technical field
5)Have been able to help others in the DR
6)Became an American Citizen!!
7)Winter has been really mild here in NC(this is a plus)

Our family has been united, healthy and blessed!!!

Let's all post our experiences for 2011!!

JJ

Alyonka

Silver
Jun 3, 2006
I had to get my Mom to the hospital and back five times for various surgeries and procedures. :( Thanks God, she is still with us and feels much better after spending almost one month in the intensive care unit. Thanks to all the doctors and nurses who took care of her and saved her life!

KateP

Silver
May 28, 2004
1) Got a new car
2) Got a new job
3) Rented a new apartment
4) Got new furniture for the new apartment lol
5) Got a new dog
6) Spent Christmas with family for the first time in 13 years

For me, it was a year of new things... For 2012, the only new thing I'd want, is a new boyfriend :D

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
I survived quadruple bypass surgery
lost 15 lbs
2012 will be a year of change for me - retiring after 34 years in the Canadian Air Force, moving to Jarabacoa, have to learn to speak Spanish better, adapt to the DR, Other changes to numerous to count.
I too count myself as blessed.

jad604

Nov 17, 2011
Survived prostate cancer, got married, and became a grand father in that order.

In 2012 I hope to have ny wife and four year son live here in DE with me.

keepcoming

Moderator - Living & General Stuff
May 25, 2011
Seems we have all been blessed!! In 2011 I learned to not take things to heart so much. Saw my son enroll in college. Best of all I was able to spend more time with my parents. May 2012 continue to bless each and everyone of us.
Ooopps forgot...I finally took the plunge and had my first post in 2011 after 3 years of just lurking!!!:cheeky: DR1, the extended family...

Africaida

Gold
Jun 19, 2009
2011 was a ****ty year for me, I am glad it s over.
No accomplishment.
Lots of pain.

belgiank

Silver
Jun 13, 2009

hmmm...

-got some new precious friends
-helped some local friends to improve their life somewhat
-survived 2 attempted robberies thanks to our dogs, and our gardener
-got 2 fierce dogs back to our house, to protect us, which we loaned out for breeding
-got a promising start on some serious dogtraining, in group

All in all, not a bad year, but could have done without the attempted robberies.

Let us hope 2012 is better

jad604

Nov 17, 2011
Survived prostate cancer, got married, and became a grand father in that order.

In 2012 I hope to have ny wife and four year son live here in DE with me.

And my daughter with her boy friend and my grandson move out of my house and find a place of their own. It's only been four months but it feels longer because nothing has turned out like we discussed. It's as if its not my house anymore and I can't have that.

frank12

Gold
Sep 6, 2011
2011...where to start:

1. Took a 42 ft Catalina (September 26, 2011) from Samana to Charleston, South Carolina, with two guys, vomiting the entire trip. There was one small consolation to the trip from hell: I lost 15 pounds in 14 days.
2. Put our 7yr old pet monkey up for sale and got no offers.
3. Put the mother of the 7yr old monkey up for sale and got no offers.
4. Got my John Deere riding lawnmower in good working order. Now i'm about to take a trip around the island. Just waiting for new tires.
5. Caught a rat in my room on some glue-paper and released it with a fork (i didn't want to touch the rat with my hands). it ran across the street in-between the wheels of a passing car, nearly got run over, but somehow miraculously made it to the other side of the road where marshland of mosquitos await it--many of them as large as a man's fist.
6. Built a treehouse out back and moved the 7yr old pet monkey into it. i tried to move the mother of the pet monkey into the treehouse but she refused to listen to logic because she likes beer and wants to be near the refrigerator.
7. Gained the 15 pounds back that i lost on the sailing trip. Decided i better go on another sailing trip in 2012. Although i know i will proceed to vomit up my small intestines, again, it's the most effective way of losing weight.
8. Bought a bicycle in the hopes of losing weight. it's been sitting in the corner of my room, collecting dust ever since the day i rode it home. Oh yeah, i nearly had a coronary riding it home becuase first, i'm remarkably out of shape, and secondly, because i was nearly run over by dozens of cars trying to serpentine and circumvent their way around me. I decided it would be more healthy to just stay off of the bike.
9. I was nearly bitten twice by North American customers from Montreal, Quebec, and Ohio who proceeded to bark like dogs when their nachos came out with too much hot suace on them.
10. Decided to put the 7yr old pet monkey back up for sale. I think this time i will offer someone cash to take her off my hands. i will then move the mother into the tree house with a small dorm size refrigerator.

Frank

Last edited:

Acira

Silver
Sep 20, 2009
www.blazingfuries.com
2011...mixed year

A real eye opener on a person which I thought could become a good friend but the relationship turned very sour. Not my loss.
At the same time met some new people who turn out to be real good friends.
Moved two times in 2011...not again if I can help it. One time per year is enough and we have still lots of places to explore.
So you loose some and so you win some, that is life.
Great to see our two boy's (dogs) thriving and good to have them here again for a while and they are doing a hec of a job together with the rest of the gang.
Got the joy of another litter, being it a mix, doesn't really matter to me especially not with this mix. As a breeder, I always enjoy those little worms turn into real dogs and they all got a happy new home.
Updates on our dogs oversea working and training and doing well is always nice to hear, maybe a champion somewhere there in time, who knows. Not really the expectation as they are real working dogs and not sport dogs. Important for me is that the lines are thriving and going well.
Looking forward in getting back again in real training for myself and my dogs in security and dogfrisbee. 2011 was a calm year but my dogs and I are ready to rock and roll again!
My Spanish is finally improving YEAH :) but still have a long way to go but I will get there.

All by all, I do not complain. 2011 was a year with ups and down but nothing is always perfect and the ups outweighted the downs far more.

Most important is that I am enjoying more and more the daily life here together with my hubby.

Up to 2012!!!

Acira

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Spent the entire year searching for two pet monkeys to buy.
No Luck!
I give up!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCc

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
i achieved nothing. ever since i finished primary school my only aspiration was to get rid of any traces of ambition and acquire life of complete emptiness and therefore - peace. i lived all my life ducking duties, recoiling responsibilities and bypassing burdens. last yet, a victory yet again. i've learnt absolutely nothing and improved absolutely nothing. my existence continiues to be comatoze.
you can do it too, folks. when there's a will, there's a way.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
i achieved nothing. ever since i finished primary school my only aspiration was to get rid of any traces of ambition and acquire life of complete emptiness and therefore - peace. i lived all my life ducking duties, recoiling responsibilities and bypassing burdens. last yet, a victory yet again. i've learnt absolutely nothing and improved absolutely nothing. my existence continiues to be comatoze.
you can do it too, folks. when there's a will, there's a way.

I think you've failed, D. You have provided much useful medication advice to people therefore you have proved to be useful and helpful. What an utter failure you are. LOL.