Rentals "Dominican prices"

nyc dad

Bronze
Jul 28, 2011
I 've done some research and it seems that real estate sites,are geared more towards the expats with euros or dollars... any good real estate sites with Dominican prices??? for rentals that is...Thanks in advance.I've tried popular sites,not going to mention their names,but the prices are night and day compared to what natives Dominican say it should be.

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
I 've done some research and it seems that real estate sites,are geared more towards the expats with euros or dollars... any good real estate sites with Dominican prices??? for rentals that is...Thanks in advance.I've tried popular sites,not going to mention their names,but the prices are night and day compared to what natives Dominican say it should be.
Stay out of the tourist areas and the prices drop like a rock.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
It's been said here before....to get the Dominican prices you need to be on the ground in the area of your choice. And be Dominican. Or have a Dominican make the initial contact. [I know you're Dominican, but believe me, they know you're not a local. They see your clothes, your shoes, etc., and they see dollar signs]

Schmooze at the colmado, ask around about places that might be for rent. Maybe check Listin Diario, but people renting for less may not want to spend $$$ for an ad.

Preston

Nov 13, 2011

NYC dad,

You will almost always see a higher amount online, even on Dominican sites. My advice is to have people you know and trust be your "agents" in the city you are looking to rent.

Preston

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
Dominicans rarely, rarely use on-line marketing of real estate. A classified ad in a paper is "high tech."

That's the first flaw in the OP's research strategery...

The web is still the domain of foreigners. Facebook excluded...;)

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
What is the going rate for a decent apartment in Santo Domingo Centro? Areas such as Gazcue, La Julio, Naco, Bella Vista would not the price be $600+/- for a one bedroom and $700+/- for a two bedroom?

jinty05

Bronze
Feb 11, 2005
In these uncertain times it would be wise to conclude any rental agreement in pesos not $US. It will benefit you.

Taino808

Bronze
Oct 10, 2010
You're all over thinking this guys, honestly think about it, any Real Estate agent posting a property "on line" WILL NOT be posting the commonly known "lower to middle class neighborhoods" why you might ask? Well for starters, it just isn't economically feasible. These neighborhoods rent in pesos, and for no more than $20,000 a month.

Where as, any listing you find "on line" will be indicative of the "upper middle to upper class neighborhoods". You should also know that these neighborhoods normally rent in US dollars only.

Bryanell

Bronze
Aug 9, 2005
What is the going rate for a decent apartment in Santo Domingo Centro? Areas such as Gazcue, La Julio, Naco, Bella Vista would not the price be $600+/- for a one bedroom and $700+/- for a two bedroom?

This weekend in Bella Vista just off the Mirador (100 metres north of Anacaona), a small one bedroom apartment "for foreigners only" in a reasonably small apartment block was going for (monthly) US$750 + RDS1500 maintenance + utilities, I think that includes 1 off-street parking place.

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
In a nice area (Naco, Julieta, Bella Vista etc), do not pay more than RD$25,000 (US$650) for a 2 bedroom unfurnished, with planta, security etc.

You need to be on the ground to find the deals and the contract in RD$ is good advice.

nyc dad

Bronze
Jul 28, 2011
Well...

It's been said here before....to get the Dominican prices you need to be on the ground in the area of your choice. And be Dominican. Or have a Dominican make the initial contact. [I know you're Dominican, but believe me, they know you're not a local. They see your clothes, your shoes, etc., and they see dollar signs]

Schmooze at the colmado, ask around about places that might be for rent. Maybe check Listin Diario, but people renting for less may not want to spend $$$ for an ad.

I don't believe I stand out,I wore plain t shirts and jeans and snickers.I rented a kia picanto back in the summer when I was there,so with that said,unless I told people(which I didn't),they did not know I lived up north.Any how,I read on the forum that the best approach is to ask a real estate lawyer that has "runners"in the area of interest.I met someone downthere that stated that his place in avenida independencia was a two bedroom,doorman,pool,for $500 usd,but the prices online are not reflective of statement.I will be down there soon to do the footwork.

nyc dad

Bronze
Jul 28, 2011
In a nice area (Naco, Julieta, Bella Vista etc), do not pay more than RD$25,000 (US$650) for a 2 bedroom unfurnished, with planta, security etc.

You need to be on the ground to find the deals and the contract in RD$ is good advice.

Thanks for throwing in a ballpark figure for those areas

jackichan

Bronze
Jun 23, 2011
This weekend in Bella Vista just off the Mirador (100 metres north of Anacaona), a small one bedroom apartment "for foreigners only" in a reasonably small apartment block was going for (monthly) US$750 + RDS1500 maintenance + utilities, I think that includes 1 off-street parking place.

Im renting a small furnished one bedroom apt with kitchen, small living room and an outside patio in the Bella Vista area. It cost 10000DOP a month. You need to search on the local newspapers under classified alquiler sections.

jad604

Nov 17, 2011
Im renting a small furnished one bedroom apt with kitchen, small living room and an outside patio in the Bella Vista area. It cost 10000DOP a month. You need to search on the local newspapers under classified alquiler sections.

I rent a 3bed/3bath two level duplex in on a cul de sac (sort of), more of a dead end street, in POP for 7500DOP/month

johnny

Bronze
Feb 8, 2003
hausenland.com

250dlls in bella vista? how small? can you tell us the street?
I am almost sure that is El patio trasero de Bella Vista, behind farmacia Brazil or super dragon de Oro.

LivingHappy

Dec 13, 2011
Is there anything vacant in your building. It is just the area I am looking for.

amparocorp

Bronze
Aug 11, 2002
i rent a furnished 3 br, 3.5 bath, penthouse apt in SD. i didn't buy it for cheap although i got a good deal. i didn't furrnish it cheap. i advertise only on DR1 and i turn away more than accept. my monthly maintainence is not cheap, nor is the light bill, cable, internet, and local phone, all included in the rent. the last idiot inquire said that he never pays a damage deposit, wonder where he's sleeping? not my place. most of my guests are repeats and they are doctors, executives, engineers, etc. they never question the rent and they never see an ant or roach............you get what you pay for.