May 15, 2003
Santiago de Los 30 Caballeros
Dominican Republic - Haiti border pass and market at Jimani crossing

Slide14.jpg

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Who was the arquitect,"George Jetson"????
If not,it was a real fan of "The Jetsons" cartoon series!
Makes me laugh!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCccc

PICHARDO

One Dominican at a time, please!
May 15, 2003
Who was the arquitect,"George Jetson"????
If not,it was a real fan of "The Jetsons" cartoon series!
Makes me laugh!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCccc

No, but he's the same architect that designed these in the DR:

Slide07.jpg

fotoprincipal.jpg

dasilva.png

03.jpg

Vista_interior_de_oficina_con_balcon.jpg

httpcorporativo2010dowp.png

img01105201109200701.jpg

toma02.jpg

Oh! And he also was the one behind this one:

Slide06.jpg

rokets03.jpg

toma05.jpg

Oh! And this one too:

renderimageba7.jpg

ubicacion3fs4.jpg

dasilva.jpg

dsc01223w.jpg

663355.jpg

Just to post a few of the many Jetson's type (according to you) projects this guy has made in the DR...

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
He must have missed the class at university where the professor explained that it's counter productive to take mind altering drugs before trying to design a structure!
I live here in SD,haven't seen those structures just yet!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

rice&beans

Silver
May 16, 2010
That's why paint makers have many choices to pick from, not everyone shares the same taste buds or likes!

I happen to love the designs in all instances!

Hey....whatever floats your boat.

You can spin it any way you want to, but that architect is playing a cruel joke on your country.

minerva_feliz

May 4, 2009
Ok, I see some of the considerations made here:

Up high, might not be under water in a few years like the other market.

Displaced Haitians will have a posh place to crash if another earthquake comes along.

Displaced Dominicans by Lago Enriquillo have a "local" site to squat when flooded out of their homes.

Some well connected guys from SD will make a ton of money, stimulate the economy by buying more stuff from the malls in SD.

Jimani could benefit from a bit of design gentrification; the grinding poverty characteristic of that area as seen in the shacks and living conditions of the local population is just too dreary and dated.

Intimidating physical infrastructure will increase ability of officials to engage in "supplementary income generation activities" during interactions with persons crossing without proper documents.

Clearly, the "if you build it, they will come" economic development theory is in play here. Can't wait to see pics of crowds of people mobbin' to buy cheap Haitian cigs and used clothes at that market!

PICHARDO

One Dominican at a time, please!
May 15, 2003
Ok, I see some of the considerations made here:

Up high, might not be under water in a few years like the other market.

Displaced Haitians will have a posh place to crash if another earthquake comes along.

Displaced Dominicans by Lago Enriquillo have a "local" site to squat when flooded out of their homes.

Some well connected guys from SD will make a ton of money, stimulate the economy by buying more stuff from the malls in SD.

Jimani could benefit from a bit of design gentrification; the grinding poverty characteristic of that area as seen in the shacks and living conditions of the local population is just too dreary and dated.

Intimidating physical infrastructure will increase ability of officials to engage in "supplementary income generation activities" during interactions with persons crossing without proper documents.

Clearly, the "if you build it, they will come" economic development theory is in play here. Can't wait to see pics of crowds of people mobbin' to buy cheap Haitian cigs and used clothes at that market!

You keep confusing the DR side with the Haitian side, not to mention Dominicans with Haitians in our own home...

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
"Yes Ken I WOULD"!
That way,I would not have to LOOK at the building!
"Contemporary" design,soon turns to "UGLY" design.
Dominicans like ANYTHING "new,and Different".
That soon becomes "Old and Ugly"!
Like ME!
Pichardo,"Loves all designs,in all instances".
Now,if THAT isn't someone with a personal "AGENDA",I don't know what/who is!!!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC
Good thing most of those computer simulations will never see the "light-of-day"!
Just like Pichardo!

Jumbo

Bronze
Jul 8, 2005
WOW, Mr. P has posted some horrific images lately. CC, might know this one. Years ago some guy won awards for the design of Boston City Hall. They built it. 10 years later it was voted ugliest building in Boston.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
It Still is!
How about I M Pea's design of the Prudencial Ins.Bldg.He loves "Glass".When all the huge glass panels started falling from 60 stories in the wind,they had to close the streets,and replace all the panels!
I do like his "Kennedy Library" design/
.CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

minerva_feliz

May 4, 2009
Meanwhile in Jimani...

You keep confusing the DR side with the Haitian side, not to mention Dominicans with Haitians in our own home...

How is that?

After every one of your posts, someone should post pictures like the style of the meme "Meanwhile in Soviet Russia" except for "Meanwhile in [insert DR city]".

Example:

MEANWHILE, IN JIMANI:
CasaenJimani.jpg

(This is on the DR side.)

Status
Not open for further replies.