From Brazil to Santiago

Set1404

Oct 16, 2011
Hello everyone,

First of all, I'd like to say thank you to everyone in DR1 for all the great information available on this forum. I've been a member for quite a while, but I'm just now getting around to introducing myself.

I'll be moving to Santiago sometime in late March and I'd like some insights on good areas to live. My plan is to rent a fully-furninshed House/Apartment. We're a family of four, so we need at least a 3-bedroom.

Andre

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
The best areas are (go on Google Earth) from the Moraleja west to La Trinitaria, North to Los Jardines Metropolitanos and Los Cerros de Gurabo. There are other area, such as La Zurza are also upscale.

Fully furnished houses are pretty scarce. But go to DR Rentals and look at P 288....it is a three bedroom, fully furnished apartment.

Cordially,

HB

nyc dad

Bronze
Jul 28, 2011
Hello everyone,

First of all, I'd like to say thank you to everyone in DR1 for all the great information available on this forum. I've been a member for quite a while, but I'm just now getting around to introducing myself.

I'll be moving to Santiago sometime in late March and I'd like some insights on good areas to live. My plan is to rent a fully-furninshed House/Apartment. We're a family of four, so we need at least a 3-bedroom.

Andre

SuperCasas.com Republica Dominicana venta de casas, apartamentos, villas - Bienes Raices Dominicana

LulyD

Jan 4, 2012
well you can check:
-Cerros de gurabo
-Los jardines metropolitanos
-La trinitaria

Set1404

Oct 16, 2011
Thank you for all responses and usefull information. I'm excited about moving to the DR and I'll be keeping up with this forum. Look forward to contribute.

Andre

Set1404

Oct 16, 2011
Mineiro

I'm was born in Belo Horizonte, MG. I lived in South Florida for 13yrs (Coral Springs), but now I'm back in Brazil (Belo Horizonte) until I'm ready to move to the DR.

Set1404

Oct 16, 2011
Funny because I always thought that I lived in a modest area, I guess its because of our snoby Parkland neighbors. I like pompano, lot's of Brazilians around that area. You might have had a Brazilian neighbor or two. BTW nice ride on the other post.

SocialZealot

Jan 11, 2012
www.socialzealot.com
I moved away 15 years ago, but lived there for 18. Back then Pompano was a little harsh (and that is putting it nicely). Not sure what it is like now a days. Basically anything that wasn't Pompano was fancy to me. The farthest I had ever been until I turned 18 was Ely high or a football game. LOL.

Thanks on the car.