Bus from Samana to Sosua

zurbs

Aug 30, 2011
Hello, Im hoping to catch a bus from Samana to Sosua on February 8th, does anyone know what time/times the bus leaves from Samana. Also would anyone know the name of the bus line that we would take. Thanks

RV429

Bronze
Apr 3, 2011
Transportes Papagayo 809-749-6415
They leave the town square in Samana around 2 p.m. daily. Call them for info.

jacgir

May 27, 2008
At the morning they arrive at Samana around 10:30 ...and leave for Puerto Plata at 11:00, and they also have a 2 PM bus.

pi2

Banned
Oct 12, 2011
If you like adventure get a gagua to Nagua, then another along the coast possibly to Rio St Juan and another.
Gagua drivers and assistants are very friendy. There is also possibility to stop off for lunch / snack waiting for another gaugua.
pi2

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Papagayo leaves Puerto Plata about 6:30. I have not taken it for a long time, but used to get it about 7, flagging it down when it was about to pass by Playero. I suggest you be beside the road by 7:10 pr 7:15 so you can flag them down. I prefer to be on the lookout early so never minded waiting if there a delay on the road between POP and Sosua.

He gets to Samana about 10:30, then heads back at 2. As was mentioned, he waits by the park. In the past it was in front of the Aduana and no doubt still is the starting point for the return. Depending on traffic on the highway and how long of a rest stop they make outside of Nargua, he is back to Cabarete 5:15-5:30 p m

Zurbs, this is not a bus line like Caribe Tours or Metro, it is one-man, one bus operation.

I believe there is also a bus that leaves Samana in the morning and returns to Samana in the afternoon. The people in Samana can tell you and where to get that bus if you don't want to wait until 2 pm to leave.

Last edited:

snowbird44

Oct 29, 2004
Papagayo leaves Puerto Plata about 6:30. I have not taken it for a long time, but used to get it about 7, flagging it down when it was about to pass by Playero. I suggest you be beside the road by 7:10 pr 7:15 so you can flag them down. I prefer to be on the lookout early so never minded waiting if there a delay on the road between POP and Sosua.

He gets to Samana about 10:30, then heads back at 2. As was mentioned, he waits by the park. In the past it was in front of the Aduana and no doubt still is the starting point for the return. Depending on traffic on the highway and how long of a rest stop they make outside of Nargua, he is back to Cabarete 5:15-5:30 p m

Zurbs, this is not a bus line like Caribe Tours or Metro, it is one-man, one bus operation.

I believe there is also a bus that leaves Samana in the morning and returns to Samana in the afternoon. The people in Samana can tell you and where to get that bus if you don't want to wait until 2 pm to leave.

Thanks, that is great advice. I am planning to go to Samana in the morning and I will report how it went.

snowbird44

Oct 29, 2004
Back in Cabarete from Samana.
My friend and I were at the main road in centre Cabarete at 7 am just to be safe. Waited for quite a while. A guagua stops and asks, if we want to go to Samana and tells us that the bus to Samana is broken down and is not coming. Nice new guagua, comfortable, not crowded. OK. In Gaspar Hernandez at the Carro Publico depot he tells us to get out and that the bus to Samana would be along in a little while and that it would be flagged down for us. What a con!
Anyhow, the bus came and was flagged down. RD$300 from there. We arrived in Samana at the Malecon about 10:40
I inquired about the returning bus. It is at 2:00 pm from the Malecon. There is no bus in the morning to go back to POP. At least not from this bus company. (Transportes Papagayo)

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Back in Cabarete from Samana.
My friend and I were at the main road in centre Cabarete at 7 am just to be safe. Waited for quite a while. A guagua stops and asks, if we want to go to Samana and tells us that the bus to Samana is broken down and is not coming. Nice new guagua, comfortable, not crowded. OK. In Gaspar Hernandez at the Carro Publico depot he tells us to get out and that the bus to Samana would be along in a little while and that it would be flagged down for us. What a con!
Anyhow, the bus came and was flagged down. RD$300 from there. We arrived in Samana at the Malecon about 10:40
I inquired about the returning bus. It is at 2:00 pm from the Malecon. There is no bus in the morning to go back to POP. At least not from this bus company. (Transportes Papagayo)

Telling waiters the bus is not coming is a common con. Lots of anxious people fall for it.

Papagayo has just the one bus. The other bus has a different owner. The people in Samana should have been able to give you the information.

snowbird44

Oct 29, 2004
It's all good. I won't fall for that line again. After all, it got us from Cabarete to Samana, even though we probably paid a little extra for the Guagua to Gaspar Hernandez.